PDA

View Full Version : Favorite scale?

gummibear
09-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd like to jump on the myfitnesspal bandwagon - my BIL is using it and has lost a ton of weight. But my scale's been dysfunctional since before I was pregnant, and doesn't give a consistent read anymore. Can anyone recommend a reliable scale? And where you picked it up?

My last one was a Tanita, with the fat measuring electrical thing and weight, but I never found it to be that useful. I'm vision-impaired too so I'm thinking a digital one would be better than analog? Every time I start looking for a scale, I feel overwhelmed by the bells, whistles, and options out there. Thanks in advance!

gummibear
09-14-2011, 04:26 PM
I didn't hear from anyone, so I went ahead and ordered a Taylor scale online a few days ago. For anyone else reading - supposedly this one got good reviews on Amazon and several other review sites - consumer reports or consumer search, I can't recall which.

There were high reviews on the EatSmart scale on Amazon also, but there was something about EatSmart giving out freebies or other incentives to influence their high number of positive reviews, so I thought it best to avoid them and go with a company that's been in the business for a long time. DH said Taylor has a long history making food scales too, and is known for accuracy.

The one I got: Taylor 7506, for $32. All it does is take your weight. It's light, looks good, and DH says the glass is tempered so DS won't break it. And now I'm on myfitnesspal, yay!

I also picked up a MyoTape Body Measure, for $5, but that hasn't arrived yet.