PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get hormonal BEFORE the baby is born?

BayGirl2
09-09-2011, 12:03 AM
With DS I know I was hormonal for the couple weeks after. I remember the first time I went out for 2 hours w/o him and I was worried that I would die in a car accident and he would grow up without a mother. I was impatient, exhausted, it didn't take much to make me cry. But that was for the first 2 weeks and I knew it was normal hormones and it wore off.

Now I feel like I've been like that for a couple weeks and I haven't even had the baby yet. I'm actually in a better place, mentally, for this pregnancy (before and during). But I've been having irrational fears, have zero patience with DS, and apparently even my posts are judgy tonight. Right now I'm to the point that I could just cry, and I can clearly feel its a hormonal thing, not a rational emotional response to something going on in my life. I'm not a person who gets super hormonal every month, its unusual for me.

Just wondering if anyone else felt the hormones before the baby came or if this is unusual. I'm hoping it means labor will start soon because I really don't want to be pregnant any more. I'm 39 wks tomorrow, btw, so I could have a few more to go or it could be any day now.

Claki
09-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Normal. I think it would be unusual not to feel hormonal.

amldaley
09-09-2011, 12:26 AM
I was TOTALLY like that with DD at the same stage you are at now. I remember sobbing while driving one day b/c I realized when I gave birth, I would no longer be able to have her with me 24/7. I just wanted to keep her in there forever where she safe and all mine. CRAZY.

BayGirl2
09-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Normal. I think it would be unusual not to feel hormonal.

Thanks. I do not remember feeling this way before DS. I was tired and impatient but not this bad. But I'm also 5x more tired this time and I attribute that to having a toddler and working up to my EDD. (Even though I work from home and essentially only a half day before I take a long rest break.)

BayGirl2
09-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I was TOTALLY like that with DD at the same stage you are at now. I remember sobbing while driving one day b/c I realized when I gave birth, I would no longer be able to have her with me 24/7. I just wanted to keep her in there forever where she safe and all mine. CRAZY.

Thats funny. (no offense intended) I want her OUT. Right now I want to be single and go out late at night with friends and have no responsibility to anyone other than myself..... But obviously most of that ended years ago and I love my life and my children, just really don't want to host a baby inside me for any longer.

bisous
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Are you more tired this time around? I find that my emotions while pregnant are tied very closely to my level of sleep and exhaustion.

I mean, I've been TIRED with every pregnancy but this time around I'm working around the clock like super woman. And YES I feel more emotional as a result!

So, I think the hormone stuff is way normal and to me it is exacerbated by more to do this time around with three kids and just circumstances in general!

Feel better. You're soon aren't you?