PDA

View Full Version : I want another baby

boogiemomz
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Not a bitch, more of a mope.

My friend, pregnant with her first, just included me on an email asking for input on her registry. I'm always happy to do this, and tend to get carried away, talking about my favorite products, including links, etc. I usually even enjoy doing it. I was almost done with my response and I decided to include a link to the A&A muslin swaddle blankets (extra-large, not large!). I found the one on Amazon that has like 35 different prints for the package of 4, including the ones I used for DD. And then I got real sad.

Nearly all my friends with first kids DD's age are pregnant, due between Oct and Jan. TTC is nowhere in our near future.

I need more surgery. What was supposed to be my final surgery in March turned out not to be; something went wrong with the GI reconstruction and I have to have it all redone, basically. Three more surgeries at least, the first of which will give me another ileostomy. In order to minimize the already potentially significant hit to my fertility (this will be my 4th major abdominal/pelvic operation in 18 months), we are planning to TTC sometime after this next surgery, scheduled for October. But it will be a while before I am healed enough to even start trying, and there are potentially serious complications from pregnancy with ileostomy (not to mention that it will be a PITA), the risk for which decreases the longer you wait after surgery. And that's all assuming I can even get pregnant again, which many women with my surgical history cannot.

And DH and I are fighting all the time. He has never had illness in his family and he has no idea how to do this. He is terrified of things he can't control, so he tries to exert control over this by disagreeing with everything my doctors recommend as well as my response to all of it.

But lately I am so longing for another baby... to swaddle, to take cuddly chest naps with, to nurse (I lost nursing with DD at 12 weeks due to my hospitalization and surgery... I wanted so desperately to come back to it and pumped like a madwoman but when I was finally able to nurse again she was NOT having it. Not sure I'll ever get over it.). I'm just sad that all this crap with my health is standing in the way.

Wow, I had no intention of getting into all that here. All over some swaddle blankets!

liz
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I am so sorry :hug:.

Puddy73
09-09-2011, 04:06 PM
:hug5: Sorry you are having a rough time. Sending p & pt that your surgery goes well.

boogiemomz
09-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks ladies. :hug:

KpbS
09-10-2011, 01:44 AM
So sorry things are so difficult now. I totally get how one little thing can trigger an avalanche of emotions. I hope your surgeries go smoothly and your recoveries are easy. :hug:

JoyNChrist
09-10-2011, 01:44 AM
I am so sorry. Big huge hugs.

kijip
09-10-2011, 02:56 AM
I understand. I am so sorry. I hope it all works out for you in the end. I also am praying that your surgery will go well and safely.

ThreeofUs
09-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Hugs and more hugs! I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. :hug:

elephantmeg
09-10-2011, 07:16 AM
aww hugs. So sorry you will have to go through more surgery and all these issues.

hillview
09-10-2011, 08:13 AM
:grouphug:

boogiemomz
09-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

ShanaMama
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Huge hugs.

goldenpig
09-12-2011, 02:17 AM
:hug: Big hugs. I remember a lot of your previous posts about these issues. I am sorry for everything that you are going through both physically and mentally. I hope your surgeries go well and that you may someday have another little one to cradle in your arms. And that things smooth out between you & your DH.

Also...totally normal to have all those emotions brought to the surface by something seemingly trivial like those blankets. You've had a lot on your plate. Hope you feel better and that everything works out. :hug5: