PDA

View Full Version : ovarian cysts

Tondi G
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM
anyone have em? long story short I went in yesterday to my ob/gyn and had an U/S that showed 2 large orange sized cysts on my right ovary. Right now the pain has mostly eased but I go back in a month to check again in hopes that they go away on their own or at least reduce in size. If not then she said we could discuss the possibility for laproscopic surgery to remove.

is there anything I can do in the meantime to try to help these go away? Any supplements that people have had any success with or treatments otherwise?

thanks!

wendibird22
09-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I had a simply cyst on my left ovary back in June...apparently caused by my Mirena (the only BC known to cause them). After having the IUD removed the cyst went away on its own w/in about 7wks. My ob said there wasn't anything to do other than wait for it to resolve. There's some indication that BCPs help prevent them (since they keep you from ovulating) but that BCPs don't shrink them. Good luck. I know the wait is long and stressful.

Melbel
09-10-2011, 01:15 PM
A few years back I had a complex ovarian cyst that cleared up on its own. I hope yours resolves too!

Indianamom2
09-10-2011, 04:50 PM
A few years back I had a complex ovarian cyst that cleared up on its own. I hope yours resolves too!

:yeahthat:

citymama
09-11-2011, 03:57 AM
I had a large ovarian cyst that was detected on my first trimester ultrasound with DD1. The doc I was first referred to wanted to remove it laparoscopically *during* my pregnancy bc of potential risk of malignancy. I guess there's a risk of torsion during pregnancy as well. Thankfully I didn't do so (second opinion doc was a leading cancer expert, said not likely to be malignant). It wasn't, and it didn't torse either. They would have removed it post birth, laparoscopically, since it didn't change in size or go away. Then I had an unplanned c-section so they removed it at the same time. They think it was likely something I had had for years, if not decades!

Wait and see if it clears up on its own, and consult a really experienced surgeon at a leading hospital before undergoing surgery of any kind. All the best!

KpbS
09-13-2011, 01:21 AM
I've had the laproscopic surgery and it really wasn't that bad. I'm not signing up to have it tomorrow or anything but the recovery is pretty quick. I have bad endometriosis and also had quite a bit removed following my scheduled C with DC3--almost 4 years after my first surgery.

Tondi G
09-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Thank you ladies. I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences. I am sitting tight waiting for my early October appt to see if the cysts have cleared on their own or are at least getting smaller. Now that school is back in session I really don't have time for surgery.... fingers crossed it doesn't end up being necessary!