PDA

View Full Version : What to wear now: In between weather/pre-Fall

daisymommy
09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Where I am, it's not really Summer anymore, but it's not Fall chilly weather either. This past week has been too cold for my taste in shorts, and my toes are cold in sandals. Yet no-way is it cold enough for jeans and l/s shirts, sweaters, and boots.

I feel like I stand there in my closet forever trying to decide what to wear these days!

So, help me think of some cute stylish outfits to wear during this transition time before Fall weather arrives. Around here, that won't be for another 1.5 months.

I'm thinking Capris and ballet flats (too cover my toes)--but what on top? I could probably do a s/s shirt and cardigan, then take off the cardigan at noon when it warms up. Or maybe 3/4 shirts? Spam me with outfit ideas!

crl
09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Sounds like SF weather a lot of the year. I generally wear jeans and sandals (I don't mind cold feet) with short sleeve or sleeveless t-shirts and some sort of sweater or hoodie or jacket. I take the top layer off mid-day and put it back on for late afternoon. I find that a necklace goes a long way to keeping the look at least a little more polished when the top layer comes off.

Capris are another option, as are skirts with boots if you don't mind swapping out the boots for shoes if you are out at noonish.

Catherine

mezzona
09-09-2011, 08:53 PM
the type of weather you describe is usually when i use elbow or 3/4 length sleeve tops or tank/sleeveless with a thin cardigan or jacket. i also like catherine's suggestions.

goldenpig
09-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Here's a good list of tips on transitioning your wardrobe to fall:
http://youlookfab.com/2010/09/27/20-ways-to-transition-your-style-into-autumn/