PDA

View Full Version : What scooter for a 6 yo

fivi2
09-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Dds have decided they want scooters for birthday or Christmas. (the kind like a skateboard with a handlebar) I have no idea what kind of scooter one gets a 6 yo. Any ideas?

ohiomom1121
09-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Razors seem to be all I see around here. DD has a Razor A3 Kick and DS1 just asked for one. I got it for $17ish in October last year (thanks to these boards) and am hoping for another deal for DS1's.

katydid1971
09-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Last year I bought DS a Razor scooter and he played with a little bit but really didn't seem to like it. This year I bought him a maxi kick scooter and he :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: it!!!! Dh gave me a hard time about how much money it was and that he had a scooter in the garage that he never used. Well after about the first week he totally changed his tune. He tells friend, family, even strangers how great it is. The boys next door (10 and 14) love it too. I think it will be a favorite around here for a long time.
We have the green with the t handle. If you sign up for their emails they will send messages about sales etc.
http://www.kickboardusa.com/maxi

fivi2
09-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

They bring up the question, though... two wheel or three? It looks like the razor is two wheel so you have to balance, while the maxi is three wheel.

Which is better for 6 yos?

bubbaray
09-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Razor A 2wheel.

KrisM
09-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Razor A 2wheel.

:yeahthat:

My kids start them at age 4 or so. DS2 has a 3-wheel now, but will move up to a 2 wheel in the spring.

toby
09-10-2011, 05:26 PM
DS got a Razor Cruiser when he was six and really likes it. It has a wood platform that is a little bit wider than the regular Razors. Also, the wheels are bigger so the ride is smoother. We got it on sale at Toys R Us.