PDA

View Full Version : Check out this paperdoll kit!

JoyNChrist
09-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I loved paperdolls as a kid, so I'm kind of obsessed with this kit:

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/PS-Paper-Doll-Kit/2950.403/4071295488.html

If only DD wasn't like 3 years too young for it. Somebody buy this! Maybe my niece would like it for Christmas...

mommytoC
09-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Those are really cute! I always loved paper dolls, too, but for my DDs...I love magnetic dress-up dolls even more!

DD#1 got this set at 2y (with bears instead of dolls):
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Wooden-Magnetic-Pocket-Bears/dp/B000I64DYU

and a set similar to this one at 4y (except with 3 dolls and even more outfits):
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-976-Daisy-Girls-Dress-Up/dp/B0009I6S6S/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1315705953&sr=1-1

DDs and I love both sets! (And I highly recommend this brand!)

katydid1971
09-10-2011, 10:01 PM
We have M&D Maggie Leigh now but I think I like those Shure sets. How long did your 4 yo play with them?

mommytoC
09-10-2011, 10:42 PM
We have M&D Maggie Leigh now but I think I like those Shure sets. How long did your 4 yo play with them?

She still does...the dolls are standing up in her dollhouse right now. DD#1 tends to prefer the doll's "fancy dress", but I love that they've got a variety of outfits
and accessories, just like her! She played with the bear set a lot, until receiving the dolls. (Recently, though, DD#2 "discovered" the bears, and much prefers them.)

sweet_pea
09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
DD#1 got this set at 2y (with bears instead of dolls):
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Wooden-Magnetic-Pocket-Bears/dp/B000I64DYU
DDs and I love both sets! (And I highly recommend this brand!)

MommytoC, what types of outfits do the bears have? This set looks like something my DD would love!

karstmama
09-12-2011, 08:03 PM
stacy, did you make your own clothes for them?? i used to *love* making paper doll clothes, and these would have been good for that with their hands away from their bodies.

if anyone doesn't know how, let me know & i'll do a written tutorial!

mommytoC
09-12-2011, 09:27 PM
MommytoC, what types of outfits do the bears have? This set looks like something my DD would love!

A really nice variety - several casual skirts/pants sets, a pair of overalls, several dressy (including ballerina and fairy) sets, a bee costume, a bathrobe, swimsuits, raincoats + coordinating (or not, LOL!) hats and shoes. There are 2 pairs of sunglasses, too.

HTH!

JoyNChrist
09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
stacy, did you make your own clothes for them?? i used to *love* making paper doll clothes, and these would have been good for that with their hands away from their bodies.

if anyone doesn't know how, let me know & i'll do a written tutorial!

Yep! Out of the big JCPenney catalogs. :)

This set has templates to trace and cut out extra clothes for them. I kind of want it for me, lol.

sweet_pea
09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
A really nice variety - several casual skirts/pants sets, a pair of overalls, several dressy (including ballerina and fairy) sets, a bee costume, a bathrobe, swimsuits, raincoats + coordinating (or not, LOL!) hats and shoes. There are 2 pairs of sunglasses, too.

HTH!

Thanks! Sounds like fun!

karstmama
09-13-2011, 09:41 AM
oh, i'd take the doll and trace the parts that needed to fit (shoulder, wrist, legs, for instance), then take the doll off and draw in the rest of the puffy blouse and jeans, then make tabs, color it & cut it out!

hmm, cutting out from penney's sounds like both less work and more frustration because they don't all stand in quite the same way, darnit. but i'd have tried it if i'd thought of it!

JoyNChrist
09-13-2011, 12:29 PM
oh, i'd take the doll and trace the parts that needed to fit (shoulder, wrist, legs, for instance), then take the doll off and draw in the rest of the puffy blouse and jeans, then make tabs, color it & cut it out!

hmm, cutting out from penney's sounds like both less work and more frustration because they don't all stand in quite the same way, darnit. but i'd have tried it if i'd thought of it!

No, I meant I'd find fabrics I liked on the catalog (from clothes, curtains, bedding, etc), then make a template to fit the paperdoll, trace it on the fabric print on the magazine page, and cut the piece out of it. So it was like a shirt or whatever that fit my doll, but instead of being out of construction paper or whatever, it looked like fabric. :)

ETA - But I totally drew/colored some like you're talking about too. DD better love paperdolls! ;)

karstmama
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
ooOOoo! that would have been fab...thanks for the explanation!