PDA

View Full Version : Pink discharge at 5.5 weeks

MSWR0319
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I swore I'd never ask a question like this, but here I am. I just went to the bathroom and had some pink discharge. I didn't have any with DS so this is all new to me. Is this something I need to call the Dr. for? Also, we were planning on going to thhe county fair after DS wakes up from his nap. Should I stay home and rest? I don't see my Dr till the middle of Oct so I have no guidelines on when to all in or what to do.

karstmama
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
at 5.5wks, it sounds like implantation bleeding. if that's the case, it is absolutely normal.

if not, and i'm not trying to be mean or dismissive in any way, there's nothing you or your doctor can do. take a big breath, put on a pantyliner, and try to enjoy your time at the fair. chances are it will be fine and this is not a problem.

wellyes
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I've read that something like 30% of women experience some bleeding in the 1st trimester. A little bit bright-colored blood, without cramping, is probably not something to worry about. Easier said than done, I know, but it's true. Good luck.

Melaine
09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I had a tiny bit of pink spotting like that when I was pregnant with the girls. It was around the same time, and a very small amount. Everything was fine. From what I have read it is also very common to spot a little after intercourse when pregnant, something about the cervix is more dry or something.

longtallsally05
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I had a tiny bit of pink spotting like that when I was pregnant with the girls. It was around the same time, and a very small amount. Everything was fine. From what I have read it is also very common to spot a little after intercourse when pregnant, something about the cervix is more dry or something.

This happened to me with pg #1, more scary than anything. The doctor said I had an "friable" cervix (aka, delicate, easily damaged) r/t intercourse & pregnancy. No worries!

MSWR0319
09-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks ladies! It just reassuring knowing it isnt always bad. We just got back from the fair and had a good time. I know there's nothing anyone could do even if it was something bad so I just keep telling myself that. Hopefully it turns out ok, if not it wasn't meant to be this time.

Melaine
09-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks ladies! It just reassuring knowing it isnt always bad. We just got back from the fair and had a good time. I know there's nothing anyone could do even if it was something bad so I just keep telling myself that. Hopefully it turns out ok, if not it wasn't meant to be this time.

spotting is also more common with TWIN pregnancies. :hug5: Good luck, hope you don't have any other cause for worry and can sleep well tonight!

MSWR0319
09-11-2011, 08:03 PM
spotting is also more common with TWIN pregnancies. :hug5: Good luck, hope you don't have any other cause for worry and can sleep well tonight!

You're really starting to scare me ;) for the last few months DS has been saying " I want two babies, a boy and a girl." anytime anyone would ask him if he wanted a sibling. He's also told me a few times "mommy, you are having two babies" and he doesn't even know I'm pregnant. I hope he doesn't know so something we don't!! The running joke between DH and I is that there might be two, let's hope it's just a joke!

Melaine
09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
You're really starting to scare me ;) for the last few months DS has been saying " I want two babies, a boy and a girl." anytime anyone would ask him if he wanted a sibling. He's also told me a few times "mommy, you are having two babies" and he doesn't even know I'm pregnant. I hope he doesn't know so something we don't!! The running joke between DH and I is that there might be two, let's hope it's just a joke!

Wow...LOL well I meant it as a joke, but the spotting thing is truly more common with twin pregnancies. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for my 8 week ultrasound!

Crazy about your ds though....how cute!

MSWR0319
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Wow...LOL well I meant it as a joke, but the spotting thing is truly more common with twin pregnancies. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for my 8 week ultrasound!

Crazy about your ds though....how cute!

Good luck with your ultrasound!! I can't wait to hear either!

Carrots
09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
at 5.5wks, it sounds like implantation bleeding. if that's the case, it is absolutely normal.

:yeahthat:
I had it too with both DDs.