PDA

View Full Version : Toddler girl skirts in cool weather?

Pinky
09-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Do your toddler girls wear skirts during the fall and winter? If so, what do you put under them? Tights or leggings? (do you recommend a specific kind?) Most of DDs skirts have the built in bloomers underneath so does that mean that I can't really do leggings under them?

We just had a friend give us a bunch of great clothes and there are some really cute skirts (jean/corduroy etc) in there but I'm not exactly sure how she should wear them in the cooler months or if they are more for summer?

Please help this non-fashionista FTM! :)

wellyes
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Leggings are your friend. I think I have about 9 pairs for DD at all times. Most of them pink.

Pinky
09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Leggings are your friend. I think I have about 9 pairs for DD at all times. Most of them pink.

So, are leggings the ones that don't actually cover her feet? LOL Thinner than cotton pants but thicker than tights? I need a toddler girl tutorial! :rotflmao:

wellyes
09-11-2011, 05:24 PM
You can spend a whole lot more on them --- but ---- if you just stock up on a whole lot of these you'll be fine :) http://www.target.com/p/Circo-174-Infant-Toddler-Girls-2-Pack-Knit-Leggings-Brown-Dot-Pink/-/A-13456569

Pinky
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
You can spend a whole lot more on them --- but ---- if you just stock up on a whole lot of these you'll be fine :) http://www.target.com/p/Circo-174-Infant-Toddler-Girls-2-Pack-Knit-Leggings-Brown-Dot-Pink/-/A-13456569

Thanks for the link! That is a great price...

So, when the skirt comes with built in bloomers do you just put the leggings on over the bloomers but under the skirt? LOL I realize this should probably be obvious. Either way, it seems like I should look for skirts without built in bloomers for when she'll be wearing leggings to make diaper changes easier.

sunshine873
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the link! That is a great price...

So, when the skirt comes with built in bloomers do you just put the leggings on over the bloomers but under the skirt? LOL I realize this should probably be obvious. Either way, it seems like I should look for skirts without built in bloomers for when she'll be wearing leggings to make diaper changes easier.

I guess that's an option. Just put leggings over the shorts. Or, this could be a good time for babylegs. Those are kind of like little baby legwarmers.

ellies mom
09-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Do your toddler girls wear skirts during the fall and winter? If so, what do you put under them? Tights or leggings? (do you recommend a specific kind?) Most of DDs skirts have the built in bloomers underneath so does that mean that I can't really do leggings under them?

I usually put on the leggings/tights and then put on the skirt/bloomer.

sunnyside
09-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Also beware that leggings can run small, especially the Target Circo brand.