PDA

View Full Version : Jeans for a flat butt kind of gal

bcafe
09-12-2011, 07:10 AM
When I lose weight, my butt deflates--and not really in a good way. What is a mid to lower price jean that would fit properly and look decent? I despise trying on jeans, but my old stand by CK's both have holes wearing through near the knees. I have had 6 kids, my belly is pretty poochy/diastasis, so I would prefer no low rise jeans. Oh, and I am 5'4" so I can't wear 33/34 inseams like a lot of jeans are coming in.

hellokitty
09-12-2011, 07:47 AM
No advice, but skinny or overweight, I have a flat butt problem too. I hate it. I never noticed butts before until this past yr and realize just how pancake flat mine is. Thanks mom and dad for the flat butt genes! Oh and I noticed that out of my 3 kids, the skinniest one is the only one with a nice butt, the other two have super flat butts and DS2, the poor guy had a SAGGY butt when he was a baby, lol. He looked like a baby elephant. Sorry to go off on a tangent.

pinkmomagain
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't have a specific recommendation and I may be stating the obvious but a jean with backflap pockets usually helps somewhat with this issue.

goldenpig
09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I think you really have to go in and try stuff on. I had three pairs of >10yr old "mom jeans" and I was sick of being frumpy. I got a lot of suggestions at the YLF forum for what styles to try and what to look for.

I recently went to Gap when they had a 50% off sale and tried on a HUGE pile of jeans. I think I was in that fitting room for over an hour! I had the best luck with Gap Long & Leans, but you have to size down in that style because it is stretchy. I ended up having to size down two sizes...I normally wear size 6 clothes and ended up buying size 2! I'm 5'5" and I think the regular 33 inch inseam was perfect for wearing with heels (I don't think they will need hemming since they shrink a little when you wash them)...I agree the premium denim is usually way too long though. I also bought a pair of size 4 Always Skinny jeans and that fit really well too. With jeans I learned you have to size down because they really stretch out when you wear them and you don't want to have a baggy butt or pants falling down. I have a little mommy pooch too and agree you have to get the higher rise styles to keep the muffin top in check. If the inseam is too long, they have ankle length (although at 5'5" I think they are a little too short for me). All of these I bought for $35 each on sale, woo hoo!

Gap Long & Leans: I bought a dark grey pair and a regular blue pair.
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=673950&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gap.com%2Fproducts%2Flo ng-and-lean.jsp
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=847811&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gap.com%2Fproducts%2Flo ng-and-lean.jsp
Always Skinny
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=25781&vid=1&pid=673938&scid=673938002

I also bought a pair of premium denim jeans at Amazon because it was on sale ($79, down from $189!). It's a very dark blue, almost black. It's called Paige Hidden Hills and is also a higher rise, so good for taming muffin top. I got size 28. Amazon is also great because they have free returns so you can order several pairs to try. I ordered a bunch of jeans, tried them on and sent most of them back.
http://www.amazon.com/Paige-Premium-Denim-Womens-Super-Black/dp/B00433ST4O/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1315844912&sr=8-10

And a pair of skinny jeans in black (these are super skinny/stretchy and are almost like leggings)--7 for all Mankind Guinevere size 28 (also on sale for $80 down from $185)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ASA366

Hope this helps! It was grueling trying on so many pairs but worth it in the end to find stuff that fits and flatters me, finally. And now I'm all set with my jeans wardrobe! I have pics of me in my mom jeans and my new jeans and you would not believe the difference. (I can dig them up if you are interested).

ETA: Wow, 6 kids! :bowdown:

bcafe
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I actually do have a pair of the Gap skinny jeans. The butt sags too after a little time wearing them. Nothing worse than a saggy behind! I don't have access to many good shops without driving a bit so it takes a bit of planning to go by myself. The last time I went into Gap it looked like a completely different store! Are they changing the vibe in there? It looked more "dressy" or something--hard to explain--really pared down and sparse, but like it was the look they were going for.

weech
09-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I also have this issue. Gap Long & Lean used to work for me, but now since I've lost weight, the butt and legs are just too baggy - it looks awful.

I've decided to head to Nordstrom Rack and try on some nicer jeans to see what works. I'll report back if I find anything!

goldenpig
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
bcafe & weech, have you tried sizing down in the Long & Leans? I never thought in a million years I would fit into a size 2 but that was what fit me the best.

DrSally
09-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I've heard that you're suppose to wear jeans w/flap pockets/embellishment (if that's your thing) to add volume to the butt.

Yes, I size down 1-2 sizes in the Gap long and leans (the petites are a bit smaller overall, so I only size down one size if I get petites). Lee has decent jeans that are midrise. These get good reviews and they come in petite.
http://www.lee.com/store/LEE_STORE_US/en_US/category/women/jeans.html#count%3D16%26sort%3Diphrase%20bundle%20 taxonomy%20sequence_ASCENDING%26pageNumber%3D0%26f ilter1%3D%25

weech
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
bcafe & weech, have you tried sizing down in the Long & Leans? I never thought in a million years I would fit into a size 2 but that was what fit me the best.

I think I'm wearing a size smaller than I normally would, but I also have a large waist, so any smaller would (I think) result in an unsightly muffin top ;)

goldenpig
09-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Weech, you should try sizing down 2 sizes. That's what I did and it was perfect. No muffin top (and I have a large waist too compared to the rest of me...I'm an apple now post-kids). Believe me, I had a lot of muffin top in other styles of jeans. It's worth a try anyways.

weech
09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
goldenpig, thanks for the rec! I will try that to see if it helps with the gap jeans issue.

I went to NR as promised and walked out with the most expensive pair of jeans I've ever purchased ($80 :rotflmao:). They're Joe's Jeans Provocateur in the Petite fit and OH.MY.GOD I love them!! The denim is so much softer than lower quality, so they are supremely comfortable. They also make my butt look pretty damned amazing if I do say so myself. If it helps, I'm 5'5" and wear a size 10, and the jeans are a size 30.

I highly recommend going to try on a bunch. I think I tried on Paige jeans, 7 for all Mankind, and one other brand (houston? hudson? I dunno). Joe's were the only ones I liked.

DrSally
09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Weech, so glad you found some that you love! I love NR. Even at that price, it's like 2 "regular" pair of jeans, but you'll prob wear them so much more than 2 pair you're not crazy about. I've heard good things about Joe's Provocateur. ARe they midrise? If so, I might have to try to find a pair next time I'm at NR.

chinook
09-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Try a pair of Sevens. Their pockets are placed nice and high compared to other brands - no other jean does more for the arse, IMHO. They're spendy but worth it. They have "high waist" styles which are perfect, they're not mom jeans high, they're just a little higher than the regular ones which is great for avoiding muffin-top and keeping the pooch contained (I know this from experience...) :)

chinook
09-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Oh, sorry! Just read that you'd tried them already! Joe's are a great pick too!

weech
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Weech, so glad you found some that you love! I love NR. Even at that price, it's like 2 "regular" pair of jeans, but you'll prob wear them so much more than 2 pair you're not crazy about. I've heard good things about Joe's Provocateur. ARe they midrise? If so, I might have to try to find a pair next time I'm at NR.

I agree! I'll definitely get tons of wear out of them. Hm, not sure what the real definition of "mid rise" is... I think mine are an inch or so below my belly button. I know they have lots of different styles, though.

brittone2
09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
goldenpig, thanks for the rec! I will try that to see if it helps with the gap jeans issue.

I went to NR as promised and walked out with the most expensive pair of jeans I've ever purchased ($80 :rotflmao:). They're Joe's Jeans Provocateur in the Petite fit and OH.MY.GOD I love them!! The denim is so much softer than lower quality, so they are supremely comfortable. They also make my butt look pretty damned amazing if I do say so myself. If it helps, I'm 5'5" and wear a size 10, and the jeans are a size 30.

I highly recommend going to try on a bunch. I think I tried on Paige jeans, 7 for all Mankind, and one other brand (houston? hudson? I dunno). Joe's were the only ones I liked.

I really want to try these and have wanted to for a while. Maybe they'll be a bday gift this year :)

I have the flat butt gene too. Pockets end up sliding half way down my thigh by the end of the day it seems :rotflmao: Sizing down helps but not always. Need to try the Provocateurs.