PDA

View Full Version : Rose Petal Cottage

lhafer
09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
What's everyone's take on the Rose Petal Cottage (http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Playskool-Dream-Petal-Cottage/dp/B000OV79VI)? Worth it? Does it go on a good sale closer to Christmas? I thought I had seen it for $50-60 at Walmart. Was thinking this might be a good combo gift for my girls (5yrs and 18mo).

cckwmh
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
my 5 y.o dd played with it from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2, we recently gave it away.

Reina
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
They no longer make that product. I placed an inquiry to Hasbro last year in regards to the Cherry Blossom Market and Rose Petal Cottage. The response was they discontinued the line. Hence, what you see online for sale may be what you get (price-wise).

bubbaray
09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Still playing with it here -- ages 4 & 7. ETA: we have all 3 pieces, the 2 different cottage & the market. And all the accessories. :)

Seitvonzu
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM
we put ours away for a little while, but i'm sure if we got it back out, it would still get play...it was just SO BIG and sorta redundant at our house-- we have the cottage and the sink/oven (That comes with the cottage). we also have a separate kitchen set (hence the redundancy)

i really did like the cute look of it. we gave a friend the cherry petal market for her birthday and that was a big hit too (maybe even bigger than the market, i bought all this at a HUGE discount, so it was easily in the birthday party gift range). i also like the two separate parts of the cottage that could either be arranged open, or closed (more house-like)

my daughter is 3.5 and i think she'd still enjoy it... i could also see it still being played with by older girls that are into dolls (my child isn't)

lhafer
09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
They no longer make that product. I placed an inquiry to Hasbro last year in regards to the Cherry Blossom Market and Rose Petal Cottage. The response was they discontinued the line. Hence, what you see online for sale may be what you get (price-wise).

I figured it was since it was all 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Figures...I'm always a little late on stuff like this.

There are several in great shape on my CL going for ~$60 including lots of accesories (stove/sink/washer/nursery).

Wonder why they discontinued it? It seemed to have great ratings. Perhaps not enough sold, maybe people were worried about the size?

lhafer
09-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Does anyone have the FAO Schwartz bake shoppe? It's on sale for $99 at TRU right now. I like that it has 2 pieces...the kitchen part, and the separate shoppe area. That would work well for the area I plan on having it. Plus I was going to get my 5 year a cash register for Christmas because she's showing interest in money, and she loves cash registers.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4205510#showReviews

Seitvonzu
09-12-2011, 09:39 AM
lhafer-- i look at that FAO schwartz bake shop all the time (esp since it's gone down in price)-- i think it's a great arrangement--part "kitchen" part "store." if we didn't have a market stand and a kitchen, i'd definitely be interested-- that's a great combo in my opinion! our playwonder market (that i scored for 15 dollars new!!!!) is the #1 toy in our house during playdates! it's a blast :) (and it's adorable)

Seitvonzu
09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
i just looked at your link-- i love how the back of the "kitchen" has what looks like front facing bookshelves. that just seems really versatile to me. i think you could put these two pieces in completely separate locations (if space is an issue) and not lose any of the fun-- you have a kitchen and a store this way (our kitchen is in our kitchen and our "store" Is in the living room...i think the kiddos like the whole shopping and bringing the food home (you mentioned that one of your kids likes to wheel around the shopping carts?)

fun! i say GO for it! :)

lhafer
09-12-2011, 09:54 AM
i just looked at your link-- i love how the back of the "kitchen" has what looks like front facing bookshelves. that just seems really versatile to me. i think you could put these two pieces in completely separate locations (if space is an issue) and not lose any of the fun-- you have a kitchen and a store this way (our kitchen is in our kitchen and our "store" Is in the living room...i think the kiddos like the whole shopping and bringing the food home (you mentioned that one of your kids likes to wheel around the shopping carts?)

fun! i say GO for it! :)

I didn't even notice the shelves!! I went back for a second look...love that feature!

Yes, both my girls wheel around shopping carts. I have both the Little Tikes red/yellow one and the Melissa and Doug metal one. Both get lots of use!

lhafer
09-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know if a 20% off coupon would work with this? Is this considered a *toy*? That would be even awesomer if it did!!

Seitvonzu
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
definitely a "toy" to me-- wouldn't hurt to try-- it's an in store item, so just go ask? (or call?)

KrisM
09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
DD got it for her 3rd birthday and it was not a hit at all. We had it in a few spots in the house hoping it would get more play, but no luck. I sold it last year at a mom2mom sale, when she was 4.5 and at her request.