PDA

View Full Version : Home office chair?

hillview
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
I need an office chair. Any suggestions?
TIA
/hillary

Kindra178
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Me too. I will be following this thread. Thanks for posting!

arivecchi
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Swivel chair? Rolling or stationary?

hillview
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Swivel chair? Rolling or stationary?

Yes swivel and rolling. TIA!
/hillary

kep
09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
We're looking too!

arivecchi
09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
My DH likes Aeron chairs. They are super comfortable and ergonomically designed so they do not hurt his back. It's an investment but, according to him, they are the best chairs out there, so may be worth it if you use your desk chair a lot.

http://www.ergonomicdeskchairguide.com/herman-miller-aeron-chair/

Pinky
09-16-2011, 08:50 PM
My DH likes Aeron chairs. They are super comfortable and ergonomically designed so they do not hurt his back. It's an investment but, according to him, they are the best chairs out there, so may be worth it if you use your desk chair a lot.

http://www.ergonomicdeskchairguide.com/herman-miller-aeron-chair/

I stayed in a hotel that had this chair once and it was amazing! The chair was so comfortable that I had to turn it over to find out who made it... the Herman Miller chairs are expensive, but I've never sat in anything so comfortable.

ellies mom
09-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I stayed in a hotel that had this chair once and it was amazing! The chair was so comfortable that I had to turn it over to find out who made it... the Herman Miller chairs are expensive, but I've never sat in anything so comfortable.
:yeahthat:
Oh, my heck. They have them at the blood bank where I donate. I did the same thing you did. I'd love to have one.

Right now, I'm eying a chair at Ikea (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00074840#/30121604/). I'm looking for a chair for my sewing table so I've got a long list of must haves (armless, narrow back, rolling, swivel, tilts back but doesn't fling me forward, comfortable). But I wouldn't want it as a desk chair.

salsah
09-17-2011, 02:43 PM
DH loved his herman miller aeron. (he had one at work.) it made a huge difference for him since he has serious back problems.

when we were shopping for a desk chair for our home, we went with a herman miller chair from costco. costco has more than one and we got the more expensive one because it is more adjustable. there is no such thing as a one size fits all chair.

if you will use the chair extensively, find one that allows you to set the seat angle and height, the back height and angle, the arm rest height and position, etc..

dh says that once he adjusted the chair to fit him, it is just as comfortable as his aeron.

Pinky
09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I was hoping to find a good deal on a Herman Miller chair on CL but I never see any good ones.

adamlau
09-19-2011, 07:00 AM
My next chair will be the Diffrient World Chair w/ mesh seat (only fabric seat offerings are available at this point).