PDA

View Full Version : Best Travel Crib for 6 month olds

Sunspot
09-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I have 6 month old twins and looking for best travel cribs. Can you make recommendations for safe, easy to transport ?

jbbhb
09-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I highly highly recommend the Guava Family Go crib, we use it all.the.time. Even now that my ds is 14 months we still use it for travel and if we are going to a friends and want to havea place to contain him. It's so versatile and easy to transport. Super portably and easy to set up.

Here is my original review post...

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=392480

kaharris83
09-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I highly highly recommend the Guava Family Go crib, we use it all.the.time. Even now that my ds is 14 months we still use it for travel and if we are going to a friends and want to havea place to contain him. It's so versatile and easy to transport. Super portably and easy to set up.

Here is my original review post...

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=392480

:yeahthat: We tried the Phil & Ted's Travel crib and the Bjorn Travel crib and the GoCrib was our favorite and we can't recommend it enough!! DS :heartbeat:'s it and sleeps just as well as at home in it.

todzwife
09-12-2011, 10:28 PM
We had the GoCrib for 1 trip and 1 of the sides kept deflating. The company was SUPER nice, sent a replacement out immediately and paid to have the defective one sent back to them. That said, DH didn't "trust" that it wasn't going to happen again, so we've been using the baby bjorn travel crib instead. The thing I like about the BB crib is it sets up in seconds whereas the GoCrib takes a couple of minutes to pump up and it's a beast to get back into the backpack. (Maybe it's just me and my uncoordination?) It didn't take up any less room in the hatchback of my small SUV, and because the BB crib is a rectangle, it works better for packing than the round backpack.

I LOVED it though, Fantastic idea and the little zippered side was a hit with the 1 year old who thought it was fun to go in and out as she pleased.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-12-2011, 10:48 PM
i have the Baby Bjorn Travel crib and we've had it since DS was 5 mos or so. Now we use it for DD. we love it. It sets up in literally 2 seconds. I got it on amazon when the price dropped to around $200 or so.

Armywife1stDr2nd
10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
We also have the Go Crib and it is totally worth the investment. IMO the bjorn is a PIA to carry around esp. for air travel. The Phil and Teds takes waaaay long for me to set up with a cranky toddler. The Peapod is really where he plays.

On a side note. I don't like the padding on the bottom of the go crib so I slide a little air mattress (the one that came with the peapod) under the go crib. We have also used a think blanket folded under it)