PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck and Congratulations to the Mama's Having Babies Today

BayGirl2
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I know from recent threads that a few regular posters have c-sections or inductions planned for today. Hope all is well, just thinking of you guys. Post some cute baby pics when you get a chance for those of us still impatiently waiting.

indigo99
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
... and waiting and waiting and waiting. I would love for these stupid contractions to get together so that I could have my c-section today, but I'm not scheduled until the 22nd. I was a September baby though and am so happy that I'll get to have one.

lmr1101
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm still waiting too... my due date was yesterday and I have another doctor's apt this morning. She's going to set up my induction since we have to book it at least a week out for the hospital.
I'm really hoping this little one comes on her own before the induction.

I'm just getting really tired of my family posting on facebook and calling wondering if the baby is here yet... seriously don't they think if I had the baby I'd call?!?

BayGirl2
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm waiting too..... My EDD isn't until Friday, so I guess I am extra impatient. DS came right on his due date, why do my kids have to take those estimates so seriously?

I wouldn't want a planned induction or csection, but I am such a planner that the uncertainty just makes me CRAZY. Last night I was very crampy and thought maybe real contractions would start. No luck. Tomorrow is my last day of work, everything else is in line, so waiting will get even harder.

ETA: I had one family member ask DH last week, when he didn't answer his phone once. If they start bugging me before my due date I will seriously flip.

Myira
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
I am in the same boat as you ladies, EDD is tomorrow. DD came at 39 w 4 days, so I always thought my little guy would be here before that. Apparently not...

My OB is on vacation starting today until the end of the week and my induction is scheduled for next Monday when he's back. While I would love for my OB to deliver me, I am hoping to not have to go the induction route.

I did have cramping here and there and gives me hope for a while but so far it has never gone on to regular contractions.

ShanaMama
09-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Good luck to you all! I hope to see some congrats threads in the next couple of days.

FWIW, I delivered at 41w+ with both girls, so I'm telling myself (& everyone else) that I'm due 2-3 weeks later than my EDD. No need to give them a chance to bug me!

indigo99
09-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I've been having contractions every 7-10 minutes for hours on end since last week. Then they'll just spread out or stop for a while before picking up again. Some of them are actually painful and not just the uncomfortable sort., but apparently they aren't doing much since I've been at 4cm for over a week now.

BayGirl2
09-16-2011, 01:51 PM
So who's still waiting?

Today is my EDD and so far no progress. The bad cramps I had earlier in the week have been gone for the last couple days. And I'm not even as sore and achy after long walks as I was for the last month. I feel like I'm getting further from real labor instead of closer! Except that I am barely sleeping at night so I'm exhausted all day. (Wow, I sound like this should go in the BP!)

Good luck to the other September Moms To Be.