PDA

View Full Version : Little People Add-Ons or Dollhouse for Christmas?

Philoscript
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
My 2 1/2 year old daughter (almost 3 by Christmas) plays with her Little People "dollhouse" every day and I'm wondering if I should add-on to the little people collection or get a dollhouse instead. What are your thoughts? She just got the Little People one at Christmas this past year. There are occasions she puts things in her mouth, but not toys oddly enough.

WatchingThemGrow
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd say to watch for a sale on the big mamma-jamma - the FP Loving Family dollhouse. DD got it at 3.5 and still enjoys it. Not every day, but a lot.

Canna
09-13-2011, 01:12 PM
We stuck with the Little People at that age. They are easy to find around here at Once Upon a Child, tag sales, etc. so we were able to add to our collection inexpensively. Then DD#1 got a Playmobil dollhouse later at 5 (holy chokable bits, Batman!).

katydid1971
09-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I think go for my Little People add-ons but if you find a good deal on a play house buy it. There were some deals last Christmas. I got DD a M&D folding wood castle last Christmas with the furniture for $60. DD uses it with her little Disney "polly pocket style" princesses. DD likes to play with both her LP house and other PL stuff and teh castle. She plays with both of them frequently.
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Folding-Princess/dp/B000NKH0E6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315939433&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Princess-Castle-Furniture/dp/B001ENH3WU/ref=pd_sim_t_1

KrystalS
09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
My DD got the Loving Family Dollhouse at that age and she still plays with it at 7. One of the best purchases I ever made! DS also loves the minivan b/c of the sounds!

Jenn27
09-21-2011, 09:16 AM
We got DD the Plan Toys 'My First Dollhouse' for her 2nd birthday and she has loved it every day since! We just got basic furniture and dolls and will get more of the accessories later, as well as the basement add-on. It's simple and well-made. Love it!

scrooks
09-21-2011, 10:37 AM
DD got the loving family dollhouse last Christmas. She doesn't play with it all the time (it's in her room away from the general flow of traffic) butt she does like it and i expect her to play with it for mny years to come.

Philoscript
09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
She saw it in the toy store and wanted one. I think she's at the age she'll enjoy it more than the Little People. We bought two of the dolls to "test" the theory and they are getting regular play in her Little People House. I managed to get the house with the one room for $50. I'm hoping to get the rooms for BOGO that everyone mentions Toysrus does in October.

Thank you for your help.