PDA

View Full Version : Nap rant

Nicsmom
09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
DS,

Please go to sleep. You need an nap. You're tired. It's 1 pm and you normally nap at 12:00. You need a nap and I NEED YOUR NAP. I need to start writing this book chapter that I keep postponing because you nanny keeps cancelling and changing our schedule. I am so behind that the anxiety is making me sick. Literally. Please go to sleep. We have to pick up your brother from school in 2 hours so you need to start your nap now. PLEASE. GO. TO. SLEEP.

agh

BabyH
09-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I feel your pain. Hang in there. If I can offer some very friendly advice, go far away (take your monitor with you! And mute it if it's a video monitor) and do your work.

I read the greatest line in a book this week - it said "There wasn't anything wrong with him before I put him down, there's nothing wrong with him now...." (regarding a child protesting a nap or bedtime).

Believe me, we've had our share of sleep issues, but if I had read that line and used it as a mantra long ago, it may have been easier for me to get through it!

BabbyO
09-16-2011, 10:19 AM
i feel for you. We're battling nap strikes here, too. Will your DS fall asleep in the car? We resorted to that yesterday because he needed the nap so badly. It was well worth the 15-20 min to ensure he'd stay asleep.

Nicsmom
09-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Thank you for your suggestions and support. Wow, nap strikes can be so disrupting. You plan around their nap and when they don't your whole day is a mess. DS does not sleep in the car, maybe because he is a very light sleeper. However, he DOES fall asleep sometimes right before the babysitter arrives so she basically comes to watch him sleep. Oh well, at least he gets some rest.