PDA

View Full Version : Definitely NOT the help I was looking for!

ahisma
09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
DD has been being bullied online by some classmates (she's the purple hair kid from a while back.) She also desperately wants a micro pig. We are not in the position to get a pet, and it would not be a pig if we did get one! A brief google revealed that they were $$$ so she gave up on it. Good.

Her school has been less than helpful on this, IMO. They haven't even made the kid take the post down. DD is okay at this point and doing well, just getting crap from these jerks.

The social worker called her down today. Great. My email from Friday is still being ignored, but whatever.

Unfortunately, she had no real solutions, or help. Instead, they wanted to let DD know that they found a "breeder" somewhere who will sell a micro pig for $150.

Really? Gee, thanks. Not only does this not solve the problem at all, but now I have to deal with DD wanting a pig. Oink you.

TwinFoxes
09-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Are you living in some kind of crazy-world? Seriously, what kind of social worker DOES that? I find that really bizarre. I'd be annoyed too, thanks for the no help on the bullying, but oh boy, now I get to have a pig!

bubbaray
09-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Seriously? WTF? That is just strangeness on a whole 'nuther level.

WTF is a micro pig? I first imagined bacon in the microwave. :hysterical:

elizabethkott
09-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Do you know how much it hurts to snarf crackers through your nose?
Now I do!!! :ROTFLMAO:

Seriously? WTH, social worker! Just stick to mediating stuff, 'kay?
(And guess who's getting a honey baked ham as a holiday present...)

crl
09-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Umm is that SW planning on paying for the pig? And all future vet bills? What the heck?

Sorry!
Catherine

essnce629
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Wow to that, and what's a micro pig?

BabyBearsMom
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Seriously? WTF? That is just strangeness on a whole 'nuther level.

mmmmmm, now I totally want bacon.

But I feel bad for wanting bacon when I see how cute these little guys are: http://www.teacuppigsforsale.com/

Boo to your school counselor for thwarting her duties on the bullying thing and then overstepping her boundaries on the pet thing (how on earth is your daughter's pet her business???).

BTW, I didn't respond on the other thread, but your DD rocks purple hair! She looks super cute.

vludmilla
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Wow, that is weird about the pig. Surprised the social worker did that. As for the school making the other kid take down an Internet posting...lots of schools these days don't intervene with Internet/Facebook bullying. More and more schools are only dealing with bullying that occurs within the school or on the school grounds/at school events.

Melaine
09-14-2011, 08:21 PM
The pet-research from social worker is just plain bizarre!
What post is it that is offensive? Is this on a school message board or what? I missed the purple hair thing, but it sounds cool.

BabyH
09-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Very odd behavior from the social worker.....

However, I have always wanted a pig, too. I just emailed your link to DH (who is sitting right next to me on his iPad) with the subject line "must. have." :D

jenstring95
09-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh, no, now I REALLY want one of those pigs. Stupid social worker... ;)

Really, though, who does that? How is that in any way helpful?

BTW, I thought your daughter looked spectacular with her purple hair, and I applaud you for letting her do it!

MamaMolly
09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I'd email the SW and thank her profusely for offering to buy your DD a pig. For only $150. Holy carp, that woman's head is in a dark, dark place. That smells like bacon...;)

MamaMolly
09-14-2011, 10:02 PM
http://www.teacuppigsforsale.com/

Holy mother of God those things are expensive! My first car didn't cost that much!

Tondi G
09-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Um yeah SW is a wierdo. Secondly ... any breeder who is selling micro pigs isn't going to sell them for $150 if they can get $4000. They are probably trying to pass off regular piglets as Micro's and in 6 months you will have a full size HOG running around.... no where near as cute as a micro pig. But you might have great Ham and bacon down the road!

Sorry for the idiot SW.

mytwosons
09-16-2011, 06:32 AM
So. Frickin. Cute. I want one, but I would feel guilty every time I ate bacon around it.

Your SW sounds like a wackadoodle.