PDA

View Full Version : Twin birthday etiquette?

citymama
09-15-2011, 04:03 AM
We're invited to a twin 1st birthday of friends who also have an older child (all boys!). The invite says "no gifts necesary" but they gave our DDs sweet presents on their bdays and I would like to give them something.

So can someone explain to me the correct twin gifting etiquette? Do you have to give 2 identical or coordinated gifts to avoid fights? If so, I was thinking an M&D puzzle each. Or can I give them a shared, more interesting gift, like a box of Duplos? They are only 1, and I was thinking of an 18m+ box that their parents could put away for later. Or I could get them cute matching tees and a similar one for big bro...I never get to buy boy clothes! Thoughts?

Thanks!

Pennylane
09-15-2011, 07:30 AM
I think since they are young, a shared gift would be fine. Otherwise, I would do something similar like the M & D puzzles. As a mom of twins, it is always nice when they are recognized as 2 separate people!

Ann

Melaine
09-15-2011, 07:31 AM
So can someone explain to me the correct twin gifting etiquette? Do you have to give 2 identical or coordinated gifts to avoid fights? If so, I was thinking an M&D puzzle each. Or can I give them a shared, more interesting gift, like a box of Duplos? They are only 1, and I was thinking of an 18m+ box that their parents could put away for later. Or I could get them cute matching tees and a similar one for big bro...I never get to buy boy clothes! Thoughts?

Thanks!

Yes, I think 2 identical or coordinated gifts are best. I think all of the things you mentioned would be great options. I'm not a huge fan of a shared game (like my girls had tons of fights over candyland castle) but duplos can definitely be used side-by-side. So I think those ideas are all great.

dowlinal
09-15-2011, 08:45 AM
I think all the gifts you posted would be great.