PDA

View Full Version : Dr visit or no?

KrystalS
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
DD(7) has been sick off and on since last Thursday. She came home from school Thursday said her stomach hurt. She didn't feel great all evening but Friday morning said she was fine. She went to school Friday, no problems. Friday evening she felt bad again and threw up several times. Saturday morning she threw up but was fine the rest of the day. Sunday she felt bad off and on. Monday, no school, but she was fine all day, no throwing up no stomach problems. Tuesday and Wednesday she went to school. Last night she acted fine, went to bed, then at 11 I heard her throwing up in the bathroom. Went to check on her and she had thrown up a lot, she went back to bed. I woke her up this morning and she said she didn't throw up but had diarrhea all night. I didn't send her to school.

Should I take her into the doctor? I think its so strange that she is sick off and on for so long. She will go entire days being perfectly fine then it comes back. I know it isn't something that shes eating because me and DS have both been fine. DS did have diarrhea last Fri, but I think it was something he ate because he was fine after that day and hasn't been sick again. She hasn't ran fever at all. She hasn't wanted to eat much because of the throwing up but she is still eating. She ate normally Tues and Wed.

BabyMine
09-15-2011, 09:55 AM
I would call just to ask if they knew of any GI bug going around. I wouldn't take her in because she can eat and drink. Is there something new she is eating or does she seem anxious about something?

Melaine
09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
I remember my friends getting a bug like that last year which came and went over about 10 days. It was weird because they seemed well and then got sick again a couple times.

noodle
09-15-2011, 10:06 AM
DD had something very like this a couple weeks ago. The vomiting came and went for more than a week. After the first couple fake-out "well" days I limited her to pretty bland food (less awful to throw up) when she felt like eating.
Once the illness was past she had about 48 hours before developing a chest cold....

I might call the doc's office to see if this is what's going around, but I probably wouldn't take her in.

GL