PDA

View Full Version : Ankle boots - keep or return?

khalloc
09-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I bought a pair of suede ankle boots on Nordstrom.com - I love them. But am deciding if I should keep or not. They were $208 originally. I bought on sale for $139, but now they are $104 (they just came in the mail yesterday) I think I can get a price adjustment. But also the boots obviously came from a sale rack at a store because the toe area of one is very scruffed up. The suedeyness of it is gone. So maybe they will discount it for that?

Anyways, back to my problem. I am short (5'2") and not by any means skinny. (size 10). Skinny jeans do not look good on me. And I dont think I can pull off something like leggings. I guess I could wear them with a skirt and tights?

Here are the boots. Love them!
http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/4c/87/4c87b60429c49e2ed57fe8385342024b/nordstrom-shoes-boots-latitude-femme-suede-bootie-latitude-femme.jpg

DrSally
09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
IDK, bootcut jeans, but then it would cover all the detail. You could wear them with tights and skirts. It's personally not a look I feel comfortable with (I have thick legs), but have seen it on others and it can look very cute.

TwinFoxes
09-16-2011, 09:57 PM
I think unless you're tall, wearing those boots with tights and a skirt will give you an unfortunate elf look. And even if you're tall, it can be a tough look to pull off.

However, instead of skinny jeans, how about straight jeans that are a little shorter than usual. So it hits just above the detail. I'm not talking crop pants.

khalloc
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Hmmm...I think you guys are right and I should probably return them. Boo Hoo!