PDA

View Full Version : Baby Motion/Sensor Monitors

sweetsue98
09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
This is baby #2 for us and we have experienced some complications. Not sure if it's making me hypersensitive and paranoid but I'm interested in sensor monitors. I already have a video monitor but I'm wondering if I should spend the money on a sensor monitor as well. So please provide me with feedback on brand, pros and cons. Was it helpful/useful? Did it provide comfort?

TIA!

adamlau
09-19-2011, 04:53 AM
What is a sensor monitor? Motion detection? Temperature? VOX?

jbbhb
09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I was ultra paranoid too, no complications, just totally anxious about SIDS. So I bought this..

http://www.amazon.com/Snuza-Portable-Movement-Monitor-Orange/dp/B002WLGV08/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1316447969&sr=1-2

It clips on to the baby's diaper and senses their breathing. It will alarm at 20 seconds I believe if it senses no movement. It is pretty loud, but we always had our video monitor on too.

I loved it when he was little, we only had one false alarm and it was when my husband changed the diaper and didn't really secure it back on. It sort of becomes useless once they start rolling over though, cause then it just falls off and alarms. Even though there are no studies to support the use of such monitors (meaning there are no studies that link their use with a decrease in SIDS), it still made me feel better, like I was at least doing something. I think i bought it for my piece of mind more than anything else.

For what it's worth, we initally did have the angel care movement monitor but for some reason it just didn't work in our house. I would turn everything off (the fan, music, everything!) and it would still sense breathing with nothing n the crib, even at the least sensitive level. I guess we have vibrating walls or something :)