PDA

View Full Version : Edited - Crisis Averted! I"m a dork!!

artvandalay
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I have guests coming over soon and am making baked brie. I haven't made this in years.

I just opened the brie, and there is a white coating all over it, but it looks almost like paper.

I looked at the paper it was wrapped in, and it doesn't appear to have melted off or anything.

Is this edible? I can't remember! I don't have time to go back to the store.

I tried peeling it off but it sort of comes off little flakes by little.

YouAreTheFocus
09-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Don't worry, it is totally normal and yes, edible! You do not need to remove it. Just wrap your dough or whatever around the brie (as is) and stick it in the oven. Yum!

ThreeofUs
09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
That's the rind - perfectly edible. Drizzle a little honey, too, for a yummy treat.

Like this recipe or wrapped in dough:

1/4 wheel brie
4 tablespoons honey

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but not melt.
Serve with crackers.

artvandalay
09-15-2011, 07:11 PM
:bowdown: Thank you guys. I am a complete fool when it comes to entertaining sometimes!

Honey sounds really good! The recipe I used (years ago) that I am using tonight is you split the brie in half, spread apricot preserves and then top with chopped walnuts. Wrap the whole thing in pillsbury crescent rolls. It's very good!