PDA

View Full Version : I-pad 2 users? talk to me....

PMJ
09-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Thinking about purchasing one --- would like your Pros and Cons.

I've always been a PC user, so I'm a bit nervous from that stand-point.

I know there is no real "Microsoft Word" app (there is Pages/Numbers etc), but can the IPad apps open a pc MW document? Those are the only documents I have on my computer... resumes, DD's stuff etc...

thanks!

LD92599
09-16-2011, 07:39 AM
If you plan on using it as a pc laptop replacement i'd suggest a macbook air for the full keyboard function. I find it difficult to use the ipad as a full workhorse.

I do love love love my ipad though!

BillK
09-16-2011, 08:49 AM
I have one but in retrospect I think I'd play with the new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab before I made a final decision. The lack of flash is ANNOYING on something used primarily for surfing. I've even considered maybe craigslisting my iPad 2 and buy the galaxy 10.1.

Edit - there are lots of office type apps that would work for you.

anonomom
09-16-2011, 09:12 AM
If you plan on using it as a pc laptop replacement i'd suggest a macbook air for the full keyboard function. I find it difficult to use the ipad as a full workhorse.

I do love love love my ipad though!

Agreed. There are some frustrating limitations inherent in the touch screen platform (is that the right word?). I love the Ipad for email and for casual internet browsing, but the times I've tried to use it for more serious research or work, I have found it annoying.

Also, beware -- the smart cover they sell for the Ipad 2 is NOT secure or particularly protective. If you use it in any way where they weight of the Ipad bears on it, the magnets will give way and your Ipad will fall on the floor and smash. (Ask me how I know that).

bubbaray
09-16-2011, 09:48 AM
I have one but in retrospect I think I'd play with the new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab before I made a final decision. The lack of flash is ANNOYING on something used primarily for surfing. I've even considered maybe craigslisting my iPad 2 and buy the galaxy 10.1.

Edit - there are lots of office type apps that would work for you.

We are trying to decide between the iPad2 and the Galaxy 10.1 (thanks Bill! :waving4:).