PDA

View Full Version : Wetness indicator

Ms B
09-16-2011, 09:46 AM
DS is in Size 1s right now. We are using Pampers Swaddlers (got a bunch from the hospital and then at the Target sale with the gift cards back) and we LOVE the line on the front that igoes from yellow to green to ndicate wetness. This is a lifesaver in the middle of the night when we are trying to figure out what the cause of any fussing is as quickly as possible.

The Size 2 Pampers Swaddlers do not seem to have this indicator on them. Does anyone know of a brand that does?

TwoBees
09-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I believe the Swaddlers Sensitive does, but not the regular swaddlers.

You can also squeeze the front of the diaper. If it feels squishy, like Jello, it's wet.

ETA: Actually, according to the pampers website, both swaddlers regular and sensitive should have the wetness indicator through size 2.

american_mama
09-18-2011, 12:12 AM
I just want to say that I thought of this idea (wetness indicator) 9.5 years ago when my first child was born. In those first few days, parents are always advised that your child should have X many wet diapers a day to ensure they are eating enough, but sometimes we were so inexperienced or the volume of pee was so little that we didn't know. I thought a pee/pH indicator would be so smart.

I laughed and felt rather brilliant when I saw that the mighty Pampers had determined there was a market for this!

wallawala
09-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Pamper swaddlers 1, 2 and size 2-3 but not size 3 have the indicator- but there are 2's and 2-3's without. Gotta really check the boxes to see which are which. LOVED the wetness indicator stripe and was really sad when DD made it to 3's!

OKKiddo
09-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Huggies also has the wetness indicator on their Snugglers in size 1 and in their sensitive line in sizes 1 and 2 (not sure about the size 3 because when we hit size 3 I bought the Kirkland diapers).