PDA

View Full Version : Backpack w/ a good side pocket for water bottle

div_0305
09-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Need a backpack for elementary school which has a tall/snug water bottle pocket. My son's KK keeps falling out of the mesh pocket on his current pack b/c it's too large and short, and putting the KK in the bag leads to leaks if the bottle tips sideways (wish there was a loop inside the bag so I could hook it there w/ a clip).

We want to keep the KK, but change the pack (Camelback's bite valve top is just not for us, and I get an aftertaste from other off-brand SS bottles I've tried).

Just realized I should probably just buy the other loop cap to avoid the leak issue. Still, any other BTDT info. would be appreciated.

bubbaray
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
LE StudyHaul works with the KK.

ohiomom1121
09-16-2011, 02:25 PM
My kids put water bottles in their Garnet Hill backpacks all the time. They are definitely tall and narrow pockets.

Canna
09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
DD's water bottle fits well in the side pocket of her LL Bean critter pack - either in the mesh pocket or zipped into one of the side zips pockets.

Kindra178
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM
KK or Funtainer works well in PBK backpack. In the LE Studyhaul, DS1's funtainer was much looser and tended to fall over.

div_0305
09-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks, ladies. I'm going to see if I can test the KK in these packs. In the meantime, I ordered the loop cap. DS does not always keep this backpack straight, so I'm worried he'll eventually lose his KK for good when it falls out. He is so superhero character crazed for his backpack, but seems more open to a quality backpack w/o Spiderman or McQueen on it.

People are commenting that the LE Studyhaul packs are smaller than years past, and too small for elementary past K I guess. The dimensions given on the site seemed large enough, so I hope my local Sears has these. I'm already overwhelmed with "to do" online returns.

bubbaray
09-16-2011, 03:01 PM
My DD#1 is using a LESH for G2, it fits her perfectly. What size KK are you using -- I have the 12 oz, 18oz and 27oz. She used the 18oz in it last night with no problems.

div_0305
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
We've been using a 27oz. I may need to downsize for him (1st grader)---I think that's why the pocket is not tall enough to hold it in.