PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy Miele vacuum?

MSWR0319
09-16-2011, 02:24 PM
What's the cheapest place to buy a Miele? I don't need one right this minute, so I can wait for sales. Just not sure where to look.

Thanks

vludmilla
09-16-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't think there are many sales. I think the best bet is a reliable internet dealer with free shipping, no tax (charged to you) and a pack of free bags thrown in.

hoodlims
09-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Ugh, I hate mine! Would totally get rid of it if MIL didn't buy it for us.

lauti
09-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I bought mine on Amazon. No tax, free shipping but it was retail price. Miele is excluded from coupons pretty much everywhere.

That being said, I love my Miele!

babydakota
09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. I went to their website and picked out the model I was interested in and then went to a local hardware store to try it out. I don't think Bed Bath and Beyond stocks Miele's in their stores (at least the ones I've been to). Then bring a 20% coupon that can be found in Sunday papers or if you sign-up with them on line and bring it to the store. Have one of the workers order it for you and they will take 20% as well as waive the shipping fee. The worker had to the ask the manger to get both 20% & free shipping to work. This may sound like a lot of work but it was worth it for me. I can't see myself paying top $$ for a Dyson.

HTH!

moonsky
09-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Check out the sales on WS.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/search/results.html?activeTab=products&words=miele&cm_sp=OnsiteSearch-_-GlobalNav-_-Button&type-ahead-viewset=ecom

lauti
09-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. I went to their website and picked out the model I was interested in and then went to a local hardware store to try it out. I don't think Bed Bath and Beyond stocks Miele's in their stores (at least the ones I've been to). Then bring a 20% coupon that can be found in Sunday papers or if you sign-up with them on line and bring it to the store. Have one of the workers order it for you and they will take 20% as well as waive the shipping fee. The worker had to the ask the manger to get both 20% & free shipping to work. This may sound like a lot of work but it was worth it for me. I can't see myself paying top $$ for a Dyson.

HTH!

Miele (and Dyson) are excluded on the BBB coupons. So, YMMV on that approach.

stinkyfeet
09-16-2011, 10:16 PM
If you go to your local store, you can bargain with them. Sometimes, they will lower the price and/or add freebies like bags or upgrades like better powered vacuum heads. They can also make it tax-free too. You just have to be a good haggler and play different stores against each other.

mypa
09-16-2011, 10:23 PM

HTH!

This is how I got my Miele, too. Plus, I try to make major purchases like that from BBB because of their awesome CS. I know if I ever have any problems I can return/exchange it.

I've never had any problems using their 20% coupon on "excluded" items, in fact they explicitly told me I could use it. They have to have those exclusions written on the coupon but like the expiration date you can ignore it.

WatchingThemGrow
09-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Ugh, I hate mine! Would totally get rid of it if MIL didn't buy it for us.
Do you have the wrong type of head for your flooring? (Not sure how one could hate a Miele...)

AuGoldie
09-17-2011, 02:57 PM
you should buy from BED BATH and Beyond. Order the model you want from customer service and they should ship it to you for free plus use a 20% off coupon. But above all I would order from BB&B because they have amazing return policies. As long as you keep your receipt you can return that thing if anything at all happens to it. I buy everything there!