PDA

View Full Version : Uhhhhhh, since when can you not leave negative feedback for a buyer on eBay?!

dukie41181
09-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Title says it all! A buyer did a Buy It Now for an auction of mine a LONG time ago and has never paid. I opened a claim with eBay and finally went to leave negative feedback and I see that you can't! I don't get it! Whats the purpose of the feedback system when you can't leave accurate feedback regarding the transaction as a seller? Isn't it fair for other sellers to know that this buyer has a history of NOT paying for auctions? :irked:

kijip
09-16-2011, 04:54 PM
It has been a long time now. I think around 2 years or so?

Since sellers do not choose buyers, the feedback system does not help a seller in advance at all. I think the main reason they got rid of it was retalitory feedback practices of bad sellers. So people would not be frank about sellers for fear of getting their feedback dinged. Since buyers so choose sellers, the feedback system is more helpful because advance information makes a difference.

dukie41181
09-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Since sellers do not choose buyers, the feedback system does not help a seller in advance at all. I think the main reason they got rid of it was retalitory feedback practices of bad sellers. So people would not be frank about sellers for fear of getting their feedback dinged. Since buyers so choose sellers, the feedback system is more helpful because advance information makes a difference.

I guess it makes sense from that perspective but I feel somewhat screwed as a seller and want to have some sort of recourse...public outing. :wink2: LOL!

KrisM
09-16-2011, 05:34 PM

At least 2 years is right.

As a seller, I used to cancel buyers with bad feedback before they won an auction. Not often, but I'd monitor the bids on higher priced auctions to be sure it wasn't someone with yucky feedback.