PDA

View Full Version : 7 day Toy Cure

kristac
09-17-2011, 09:28 AM
I really need another toy purge! Who's with me? I was thinking of trying this method: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/toy-cure/the-7day-toy-cure-a-busy-parents-plan-for-editing-down--154233

Anyone want to join me and help hold each other accountable?

ThreeofUs
09-17-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm in. Looks like a good method, and I have an outbox I haven't looked at lately.

Melaine
09-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Ooooh I should probably do this. When are you going to start?

kristac
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Not sure. I was thinking Monday but maybe I should wait a week so others can join?

infomama
09-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm in but it will be the week of the 25th for me. My problem is that I purge toys (you should see my basement) and then I don't know what to do with them. Garage sales don't work around here because we are in the sticks and I can't list EVERYTHING on CL. I have sold a couple of items and it has felt great but I am drowning in purged toys....have to brainstorm (donate is an idea but I know I have at least $500-$1,000 worth of toys/clothes down there..no kidding).

kristac
09-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I hear you on the getting them out of the house thing infomama. Do you have any consignment sales in the area? I have had luck with those in the past. I also have occasional luck on a local mom's board. I definately prefer to sell things over donate since I usually use the $$ as christmas or birthday $$ for the kids. Maybe we will need a seven day challenge at the end to sell the items?

KrisM
09-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Sounds like a great idea! I'm in!

And, who knew, my bedroom is an outbox :). I have piles of stuff in there in boxes and laundry bins that came from other places as we purged toys :).

I want to start this week because I'm selling at a mom2mom sale on Oct 1 and want to take stuff with me then.

infomama
09-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I hear you on the getting them out of the house thing infomama. Do you have any consignment sales in the area? I have had luck those in the past. I also have occasional luck on a local mom's board. I definately prefer to sell things over donate since I usually use the $$ as christmas or birthday $$ for the kids. Maybe we will need a seven day challenge at the end to sell the items?
I am going to have to look into consignment sales. I have never done one but I think with the amount of stuff I have amassed I would do reasonably well.

kristac
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok I started today since PP reminded me there is a community yard sale on Oct 1. Maybe if I get my act together I can sell this stuff then. Anyway, I set a timer for a half hour and managed to get through most of the family room. I have about half of a big rubbermaid bin full for my outbox. I was more brutal then I have been in the past. Feeling pretty good so far.