PDA

View Full Version : Sizing: Old Navy Maternity vs Gap Maternity

MSWR0319
09-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Do these two brands run similar in sizes? I have a pair of Gap maternity jeans, so I know what size I need from them, but do they run similar to Old navy? I'd like to order a few things from them, but am not sure of the size.

TxCat
09-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Probably not too helpful, but I found the tops did run similar in size, and my Gap Maternity bottoms were true to my non-pregnant size.

citymama
09-17-2011, 06:14 PM
ON runs bigger. I would usully get XS in ON and S in Gap Maternity.

lyt202
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
ON runs bigger. I would usully get XS in ON and S in Gap Maternity.

:yeahthat: the Gap sizing was my normal size but the Old Navy would run significantly larger on most of the items I tried. I found the ON to be very hit or miss on how items fit.

lizzywednesday
09-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Gap runs more consistently in sizing than ON does; as neither offered tall sizes in pants, I didn't buy pants from either. (Also, by the time I broke down and decided it was OK to get maternity pants, I preferred full-panel pants to under-belly fit ones, so I ruled Gap & ON out!)

I bought all of my maternity dresses from both places & feel the Gap one fit me better, but I had to try on the ON ones to get the right fit.

AnnieW625
09-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I found that Gap Maternity fit me better, esp. in the pants department. I only bought one dress and some tank tops from Old Navy. I have a board back and I think I got L or XL in the tank tops, but that was also in 2006 so sizing could've changed.

swissair81
09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I had this Gap maternity denim skirt that I loved. I ordered something similar from ON and it didn't fit correctly anywhere. I was not impressed.

hoodlims
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I own 3 pairs of GAP maternity jeans and love them. The band is very discreet. When I tried on the ON maternity jeans, they fit wrong and you could still see the band peeking out from under the shirt. It went too far into the crotch area. Not cute.