PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize blogs you follow?

wallawala
09-17-2011, 02:49 PM
I've been bookmarking on my home computer, but don't have any trigger to go check them regularly.

Any amazing apps or services that help you organize and use blogs you're interested in??? I've got an android phone and an iPAD so could use inspiration either way!

echoesofspring
09-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I use google's rss reader. I have different blogs organized into categories, and the nice thing about using an rss reader is that you can look just one place to see if any of the blogs have been updated. You can get free readers (from google and other ones) for mobile devices, etc. Here's a little disc about it in regards to watching craigslist.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=410333

wellyes
09-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Google groups! All the stuff comes to you instead of you going to it. It'll absolutely change your web experience for the better.

ETA to be clear, I'm talking about the exact same thing that echoesofspring is.

momm
09-17-2011, 05:30 PM
A third vote for google reader.
Subscribe to all your blogs after signing in with your google account.
Categorize with different folder names if required.
When yiu open google reader, it shows you which blogs have new posts. Click to read
You can then view your blogs anywhere.

On your IPAD, download teh feedleer RSS app. Its free. Sign in with yiur google id. Read the blogs same as above

Hth!!

JoyNChrist
09-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Google reader. DH surprised me with an iPad the other day, and I'm really liking the Flipbook (or is it Flipboard?) app to read them on (it pulls the posts off Google reader).

wallawala
09-17-2011, 11:58 PM
You all rock (as usual!). Off to sign on to Google Reader (and I think I've got Flipboard installed already), so now I can use it!

Thanks!!

BayGirl2
09-18-2011, 06:35 AM
I love Early Edition app for iPad. It pulls all your google reader feeds and shows them as a newspaper. Each folder is a different section. It's a paid app but totally worth it for the interface.

kboyle
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
i'm fond of NewsRob on my droidx to read my google rss feeds :) if you put the shortcut on one of your screens it will show how many unread blog posts you have :)