PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your light-colored granite

kristenk
09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
The kitchen remodel is happening! Woo hoo! :cheerleader1:

We need to go out and pick tile for the floor, granite and the backsplash. Right now, we're thinking of a terra cotta-ish color for the tile floor, a medium-dark wood stain and a lighter colored granite.

I HAD been planning to go with a quartz counter, but we're now investigating granite. I've heard that lighter colors of granite need to be sealed more. Plus, the whole granite/radon(is it radon?) link is something I need to investigate.

Anyway, if you have a lighter-colored patterned granite, are you happy with it? What type of maintenance does it require?

LMPC
09-17-2011, 10:30 PM
We have granite that has light and darker parts to it, but my dad has a pretty light granite (kind of peachy and gray tones). He has had issues with oil spots on his after he has rolled out dough on it. They seal theirs once a year I think but you can still see stains/oil marks way more on his than you can on mine (which I never have sealed in 6 years).

chozen
09-17-2011, 11:32 PM
the one thing i dislike about out garnite is the fact that you cannot tell when it is dirty, I HATE THAT you cant see crumbs etc. ours is light gold with marbles of tan and a dark brown/gray.