PDA

View Full Version : What fits? t/ shirt help!

BeachBum
09-18-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm so conflicted on the fit for my DS age 6 for fall clothes. I'm guessing Boden will shrink only a bit? But I need the clothes to last the season.

Where do you want a l/s t-shirt to hit? At the hip? mid butt? cover his butt?

WatchingThemGrow
09-18-2011, 07:55 AM
I think I look more at the wrists than the bottom. I don't have it down to a science, and I bet some of DS1's shirts are going to be too short quickly. They go pretty close to his knuckles. Part of me thinks that since sizes are so different with each brand, picking the ones that get closest to the knuckles is the best bet.

BeachBum
09-18-2011, 04:50 PM
interesting strategy--one I haven't thought of! thanks.

toby
09-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I also try to look at the arms and find that it is trial and error by brand (Boden and Gymboree run big, ON runs small). I aim for being able to roll the cuffs once on l/s shirts, although that doesn't always work without it being huge everywhere else.

ETA: shirts that cover DS's butt seem too big and make it harder for him to move around. Ideal for me is below the hip/mid butt to allow for shrinkage.

hillview
09-19-2011, 07:42 PM
We buy a tad larger (not swimming) and they last a year or sometimes a little more. Boden does not shrink much IME. DS1 is 6 and wore a 6/7 last year and is still in a 6/7 just looks more fitted.
/hillary