PDA

View Full Version : Mommy Fail

MamaMolly
09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Mine.

We moved a couple of weeks ago, and are yet again living out of a hotel.

I lost DD's epipens yesterday. Technically, I think I left them behind and then they were stolen. I took her medical bag (blue and sparkily, she chose it) out of my purse because we were just going downstairs in our hotel for a meal, and this morning when I was looking for it, we realized it is gone. So maybe I left them behind, but no one turned them in, so I guess someone stole the bag, realized there was no money in it, and put it in the trash.

It took a three drugstores before I could get a replacement.

Typing it out it doesn't sound nearly as harrowing as it felt. But for Lula that damn epipen can be the difference between life and death. I'm terrified to eat out without it. And since we are living in a hotel all we do is eat out. Sigh. What a day!

mariza
09-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Sounds stressful, I'm sorry :hug: hopefully things will get to normal soon!

bubbaray
09-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Hugs mama!

I've done it, DH does it ALL.THE.TIME. If you call 911 and tell them your child is having an anaphylactic reaction and you can't find her epipen, they will come lights and sirens, trust me.

Hope tomorrow is a better day! :hug:

KpbS
09-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh no! So sorry it was misplaced :( We have had some, ahem, issues around here lately w/ expired epi pens.... Glad you could get them replaced! Yet another example of how FA stink!!!

crl
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
:hug:

Catherine