PDA

View Full Version : Besides knee high boots, which shoes for skinny jeans?

ourbabygirl
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Would anything work with skinny jeans, besides boots (riding boot look, etc.)? I don't know that I've got room in the budget for a pair, even though I'd really like some. Just wondering if there's any other shoes that I might already have, or could get more cheaply than boots, that I can also wear with bootcut jeans.

Thanks so much! :)

DrSally
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Ballet flats?

jgenie
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
You can wear ballet flats with skinny jeans.

ourbabygirl
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks- that's a great idea! Now I wonder if there are any that I can fit my darn orthotics in? :rolleyes:

marymoo86
09-19-2011, 10:07 AM
are they full length or ankle length?

ankle length looks great with a platform pump like this one:
http://images.jcrew.com/fsi/server?type=image&source=images/eiec/29/29720/29720_BR6839.tif&width=203&height=203&effects=sharpen(20)&quality=88&profile=jpeg

or wedge:
http://images.jcrew.com/fsi/server?type=image&source=images/eiec/50/50460/50460_GY6393.tif&width=203&height=203&effects=sharpen(20)&quality=88&profile=jpeg

weech
09-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks- that's a great idea! Now I wonder if there are any that I can fit my darn orthotics in? :rolleyes:

I have orthotics, too. I just got some Rocket Dog flats (http://www.dsw.com/shoe/rocket+dog+marilyn+fabric+flat?prodId=dsw12prod310 0086&productRef=SEARCH) that fit my orthotics and are pretty comfortable too.

ourbabygirl
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Cool; thanks! I was hoping to go to DSW this week to try stuff on, so I'll see if they have those Rocket Dog ones.
Another dumb question: What do you wear with ballet flats? Thin trouser socks? Should those be the same color as the shoe? Or something more sheer, like knee-high nylons? Or bare feet? Not sure how warm they'll keep my feet in the cold weather here. :)

arivecchi
09-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Can you wear the jeans when you go shopping? It is harder to find shoes that look good with skinny jeans than other types of jeans. It also depends on the proportions. The kind of top you wear will affect the look too. I would not wear socks with ballet flats - only tights if I were wearing a skirt.

What I have found works with skinny jeans:

riding boots
some flats
some flat sandals
high heeled sandals
stiletto shoes and boots

TxCat
09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Can you wear the jeans when you go shopping? It is harder to find shoes that look good with skinny jeans than other types of jeans. It also depends on the proportions. The kind of top you wear will affect the look too. I would not wear socks with ballet flats - only tights if I were wearing a skirt.

What I have found works with skinny jeans:

riding boots
some flats
some flat sandals
high heeled sandals
stiletto shoes and boots

:yeahthat:
I would also add that I have found some platform heels similar to the one posted by MaryMoo to work as well.

kozachka
09-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I wear mine with wedges similar to the ones posted above but in a dark color.

LexyLou
09-19-2011, 11:58 PM
I agree that it depends on the length of the jean. Definitely wear them when you try on jeans.

I have 5 different pairs of skinny jeans (well 2 are more of a straight leg not a skinny). Depending on where they hit I wear:

ballet flats
TOMs
wedges
wedge sandals
flat sandels
heels
boots

I'm excited that flare jeans are coming back but I love my skinny jeans!

hillview
11-12-2011, 08:49 AM
booties work for me.
/hillary

ray7694
11-12-2011, 09:28 AM
I found these boots from BBB last year. They are so comfy and I have horrible feet. Hard to find in stores.

http://www.target.com/p/Women-s-Merona-Kamischel-Suede-Lug-Sole-Boots-Grey/-/A-13433588

oneplustwo
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I wear ballet flats, tall boots, booties and pumps with mine. (And different sandals in the spring when it's warmer.) Most of my shoes seem to work with my skinny jeans, except my Dansko clogs and Privo sneakers. :) I love the look of ballet flats with skinnies ~ it's got an Audrey Hepburn-esque vibe.