PDA

View Full Version : Need Something 70's to wear tomorrow! Then 80s, 90s, etc

randomkid
09-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I completely forgot about this until tonight (since I didn't work today). We are having an event at work this week and every day has a different decade. Tomorrow is the 70s. We are only wearing stuff at lunch, so it doesn't have to be anything spectacular. Just some little accessory or item that looks like the 70s. I could use help with all the other decades as well - 80s, 90s and 2000s! Thank you!!

infomama
09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Bell bottoms, tie dye, peace sign /flower power button?

zag95
09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Bandana around your head..... peace sign on your body (like a pin?) bell bottom/wide leg pants.... anything in yellow, orange or olive green may also bolster your choices!

ljackson
09-19-2011, 09:09 PM
For the 80s you could stuff something in the shoulders of a jacket and back-comb your hair (if it's long enough).

artvandalay
09-19-2011, 09:24 PM
For the 80s you could stuff something in the shoulders of a jacket and back-comb your hair (if it's long enough).

Totally! And bring makeup to work, make sure you do the solid bronzer/blush stripe...that is classic 80's. Also purple/blue eyeshadow.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23888854/398544419.jpg

infomama
09-19-2011, 09:27 PM
The 80's is easy....neon.

randomkid
09-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Ugh - so wish I had remembered this today! Peace signs are all the rage now and I'm sure I could have found a necklace or something at the party store. I have a crocheted headwrap that I think I will wear around my head. Will have to search for something else in the closet in the am - DH is asleep now.

Can't do makeup and hair since I work in a hospital and have to go back to work after lunch. Lunch activities will be 30-45 minutes, so I can't get too elaborate. I grew up in the 70s, but I was a kid, what did I know about fashion? I just remember hip huggers, bell bottoms and short skirts/dresses, none of which will work for tomorrow! I was in high school and college in the 80s, but mostly recall wearing polo shirts and shirts with ruffles and padded shoulders in the early 80s. I don't know anyone who actually dressed like Madonna - lol! I know big hair/bangs were still in, but when I think back on pictures from college, nothing really stands out except that the guys wore really short and really tight shorts! Even the ruffled, padded shirts were gone by then.

The 90s? What the heck? At least I can ask around at work for the upcoming decades. I hate this crap, but it is fun and everyone who participates gets tickets that go into a box. On Friday, there is a drawing for some really nice prizes. One year, I won a $75 gift card to a really nice seafood restaurant. So, totally worth participating!

bubbaray
09-20-2011, 12:42 AM
The 90s? What the heck?

Seattle grunge/Kurt Kobain/Courtenay Love.

randomkid
09-20-2011, 12:47 AM
I just remembered - for the 80s, I need slouchy socks and Reeboks! Not likely to find those in my closet! :rotflmao: I had a pair of sky blue high top Reeboks that I absolutely loved!

ETA: You can buy them again - the Freestyle! http://www.shoebuy.com/reebok-freestyle-hi-70/27711/27711?cm_mmc=frooglelist-_-none-_-none-_-none

Here's a green pair - not sky blue, but close! http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-qLKNWwxL._SX395_.jpg

YouAreTheFocus
09-20-2011, 01:41 AM

:yeahthat: Big flannel shirt!

ljackson
09-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Cut-off jeans with thick tights (possibly 2 pairs in different colors and holes ripped in the top pair) and chunky boots.

Another idea for the 80s - is that when women wore the same shapeless short-sleeved T-shirts as men wear (preferably in a pastel color) and rolled the sleeves up?