PDA

View Full Version : "red" snack ideas for preschool.....

newg
09-19-2011, 10:27 PM
I have the first class snack for DD1's preschool....and the theme is "red". I know I could do red apples slices or red grapes.....but DD1 does not really like grapes and doesn't eat the skin on apples...

Is she the norm for this...at least with apples....or do most preschoolers eat grapes and apple skins? I'd like to take something I know most kids will eat....and it would be great if DD would eat it to!

Any other "red " snack I'm missing??? Oh, there are no allergies in her class....

ourbabygirl
09-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Strawberries!

My DD (almost 3) likes grapes, strawberries, & apples, but like your DD, she won't eat the skins (like her dad) (eye roll!).

Or cherries or red M & Ms or watermelon (though my DD doesn't like that); not sure about other kids.

ett
09-19-2011, 10:32 PM
strawberries? watermelon?

My preschooler eats apples w/skin and loves grapes.

twowhat?
09-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Babybel (with the red wax shell) :)

crl
09-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Tomatoes
Red bell peppers
Strawberries
Watermelon
Something to dip into pizza sauce

Catherine

shawnandangel
09-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Red Bell pepper, tomatos, cherries, red rasberries.

newg
09-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Babybel (with the red wax shell) :)

ohhhh....DD loves these! And I have a new bag from costco in the fridge :bighand:

DD loves loves watermelon....but maybe a bit messy for snack?? She won't touch strawberries :(

I think I saw a cute way to turn a babybel into a ladybug in parent's magazine.....ohhhhh, I'm getting excited now!!

Tondi G
09-19-2011, 11:44 PM
not the healthiest but red jello would work too

cherry tomatoes

you could do fruit skewers too ... red grape, watermelon (could cut into a fun shape too with cookie cutters), strawberry

you could dye cream cheese red and put it on mini bagels

another sweet treat would be rice crispy treats (just dye the melted marshmallow red)