PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Wonderland discounts?

LBW
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM
We're thinking about taking the boys to Dutch Wonderland this weekend along with Day Out With Thomas in Strasburg. We're done DOWT there many times before, but have never hit DW. Tickets are pricey, and if we do it we'd also stay overnight somewhere, so I'm hoping to find discounts. Any ideas?

Thanks!

ciw
09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
If you purchase the DW tickets at Strasburg, you get a discount on the DW tickets -- I think it's $5 off each ticket?
http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/discount-tickets.php

But that means you have to do DOWT before DW. If you want to do DW first, there's a printable coupon on retailmenot.com for $2 off each DW ticket.

Maybe try AAA too to see which offer is the best?

ETA: I've never seen discounts for Strasburg.

LBW
09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
If you purchase the DW tickets at Strasburg, you get a discount on the DW tickets -- I think it's $5 off each ticket?
http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/discount-tickets.php

But that means you have to do DOWT before DW. If you want to do DW first, there's a printable coupon on retailmenot.com for $2 off each DW ticket.

Maybe try AAA too to see which offer is the best?

ETA: I've never seen discounts for Strasburg.

Thanks. I've never seen discounted Strasburg tix either. We always do DOWT first thing in the a.m. since I hate dealing with shuttle buses to the far off parking lots. Maybe we'll do DOWT first and then see if the kids are up to DW later in the day. If you go to DW after a certain time the ticket is good the next day, too, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

I checked AAA this morning and couldn't find any DW discounts. They must have stopped offering them.

K-Bear
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks. I've never seen discounted Strasburg tix either. We always do DOWT first thing in the a.m. since I hate dealing with shuttle buses to the far off parking lots. Maybe we'll do DOWT first and then see if the kids are up to DW later in the day. If you go to DW after a certain time the ticket is good the next day, too, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

I checked AAA this morning and couldn't find any DW discounts. They must have stopped offering them.
The bolded is correct. If you arrive at DW 3 hours before close (I think that's it) and buy tickets, you get in for free the next day.