PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with experience with liver lesions?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
09-20-2011, 12:48 PM
DH has had a recent bout of hospital work done for some insanely high blood pressure. The recent MRI results indicate liver lesions...he has to go back for another round of MRI.

Anybody with experience with liver lesions? Tell me that it's not cancer...

Jennifer

WatchingThemGrow
09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
IIRC, MIL went for an MRI on Friday b/c they saw something that may have been a lesion on her liver. She got the results back and the MD said her liver was "unremarkable" and nothing to worry about. I have no idea if that's the same type of thing, but I wouldn't worry until they tell you something's wrong. No googling, etc. I can see how one might want to, though.

twowhat?
09-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Does he have any liver health problems? Cirrhosis, infection with hepatitis B (more common in asians) or C (in the US this is a bigger problem)? Heavy drinker? These are all risk factors for liver cancer. But you just won't know until they do more follow-up.

Waiting sucks.:hug: Hoping that they turn out not to be worrisome.

nfowife
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
When DD1 was born she had a bunch of hemangioma birthmarks. We did an ultrasound and she had some on her liver. We kept an eye on them and they were shrinking. In the year after that DH and FIL had scans for other things and they, too have the lesions on their livers. It's apparently quite common and also common to not know you have them until finding them through other testing. Hopefully that is all it is for your DH.