PDA

View Full Version : So, what might this be? What, if anything, should I do?

lmh2402
09-20-2011, 01:12 PM
For the last several days…maybe a week, maybe less. I’m feeling very weird. I can’t put the feeling exactly into words. Best I can say is…shaky and weird. Off.

I get extremely lightheaded/vision gets spotty and black & white in the shower, unless the water is almost cold. I have to get out and crouch down / head between knees or at least near the floor, to feel better.

I feel shaky in my chest / like fluttery, but not necessarily a rapid heart beat on and off during the day. Lately, more often on than off.

Today, sitting at my desk at work and I’m feeling this way – shaky feeling in chest. And my vision seems weird. Like the whites are too bright… just sort of off.

I keep feeling my pulse, but it’s not fast.

I had breakfast. I’m not hungry. I’ve had plenty of water.

I feel a bit better after I put in a piece of gum to chew.

I’ve been exhausted the last several days. Like flat out exhausted. Despite getting 8-10 hours of sleep for the last two-three nights.

All of these symptoms today seem worse especially when I go from a seated to standing position. It also gets worse if i move my head from looking forward / straight ahead, to looking down.

I realize this is very random, but any thoughts? I don’t know if I’m having panic attacks. A heart attack. Nothing? I tried to google, but my “symptoms” are so vague that it came up with everything from adrenal issues, to thyroid, to diabetes.

I don’t know if I should call my doctor? I don’t really have an easy or convenient time to make an appt – I leave for a long weekend trip with my mom & sis v. early thurs morn. And tomorrow I’ve got DS and no sitter. Plus, I’m not sure what I would even say, if I called my doc’s office… I want to be seen b/c I “feel weird”?

Thinking maybe I should let it go a few more days…and see how I feel when I get back from my trip on Sun evening?

But then I’m also secretly nervous that I’m having a heart attack and ignoring warning signs.

Please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

AnnieW625
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
It sounds like a mild anxiety attack to me. One of the moms at DD1's preschool went through a similar thing, lived her daily life to the fullest, but went on like this for a couple of days and it turned out she was diagnosed with mild anxiety issues, and exhaustion. I would call and schedule an appt. asap or deal with urgent care. I would not go out of town if you are feeling this way without consulting a physician first. I would hate to be out of town and not be able to do anything because you are feeling this way.

HonoluluMom
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Low blood pressure?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004536/

TwinFoxes
09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
I have no idea what it could be. Maybe high blood pressure, or low blood sugar? I wouldn't put it off. Are you going to be driving on your trip? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Just call you doctor and say you've been feeling light headed, having vision problems, and you a fluttering sensation in your chest.

If one of your friends called you and described those symptoms, wouldn't you say "GO TO THE DOCTOR"? Good luck.

lmh2402
09-20-2011, 01:23 PM
my BP is usually pretty low - like too low for anesthesia when i had my wisdom teeth pulled. i had vasovagal episodes when pg with DS and that is similar to how i felt/feel, especially when in the shower

but those episodes were very quick hits - i would get the feeling and it would pass after a few min. and it only happened a few times. not for days on end.

ok, maybe i will call doc. i am just so busy with work today. i really can't leave early to see them. ugh.

re: trip - not driving, flying. but i actually decided to post b/c i was thinking to myself that i actually feel nervous at the thought of driving home from work if i'm still feeling this way later today

wendibird22
09-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Low/high blood pressure (which wouldn't necessarily change your pulse), vertigo, inner ear infection which is causing dizziness, silent migraine (no headache but other migraine symptoms). I'd call the doc and request an appointment.

PS: work can wait. Your health takes priority. You are no good to work and your to do list if you feel like you are going to pass out. If you call now you may be able to get seen before the end of the day.

daisymommy
09-20-2011, 01:30 PM
That's absolutely how I feel when my low blood pressure is acting up. or my low blood sugar. Or an anxiety attack. Sorry for the multiple ideas, but I'm guessing it's one of those 3. You need to be seen! I passed out while driving once for a few seconds, and once at Walmart and hit my head on a clothing rack. Scary!

BabyBearsMom
09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
This is exactly what happens to me during my first trimester of pregnancy. I feel faint, light headed, exhausted, shaky and slightly nauseous with spots in front of my eyes. My blood pressure is normal and they did a ton of tests on my thyroid etc and everything came out fine. Are you sure you aren't pg?

Melaine
09-20-2011, 01:37 PM
The three things that come to my mind are anxiety, first trimester of pregnancy and maybe vertigo. I am sorry you are feeling bad, but hopefully a doctor can help figure out what the issue is.

lmh2402
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
i'm definitely (unfortunately) not pregnant. thanks, ladies

i will call doc office after i get out of this meeting in a little while. see what they say

Tondi G
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
3 things came to mind

low blood pressure
low blood sugar
anxiety

I would call your doctor and make an appt for later today or early tomorrow... you can take your kiddo with you if have to.

ast96
09-20-2011, 01:40 PM
All I can say is, I am seven weeks pregnant, and that's exactly how I feel right now!

legaleagle
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
That's how I feel when I have low iron levels. I take an slow FE for a few days in a row and it's usually better. I've read that floradix (a liquid iron supplement you can get at health food stores) is better because no constipation and apparently if it tastes good it's a sign your iron is low!

crl
09-20-2011, 02:23 PM
My first guess was low blood pressure. I definitely think you should go to the doctor ASAP.

Not to scare you but I passed out at the wheel of our car and totaled it with ds in it. Thank God no one was hurt. I was subsequently diagnosed with vasovagular syncope. Staying hydrated and upping my salt intake a bit resolved things.

Catherine

artvandalay
09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
I would leave work and try and get in to see your doctor. If you can't get in to see your doctor, I would go to Urgent Care. You don't want symptoms to get worse and you pass out at work (or driving home) or something.

I agree, blood pressure or low blood sugar come to my mind first, but no way to know for sure until a doc checks you out.

Hope you feel better!