PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone with a newborn?

anonomom
09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey all,

I thought I was the Disney-phile in our family, but it turns out my husband is a total convert. I was just assembling a photo book of our trip this past May, and DH says "I kind of want to go again before your annual pass expires." Now we're considering a trip for Halloween weekend ('cause DD has the day off school).

The problem is, DS is brand new -- he'll only be about 9 weeks old by then. Part of me thinks that since he's not mobile (and, let's face it, barely sentient yet), it's actually a good time to go. But there are all these germs...

Would you take a newborn? We'd fly down (1.5 hr flight), and stay on property for two nights.

LD92599
09-20-2011, 08:37 PM
We went when ds2 was 16 weeks so definitely a little older. Perfect age! Slept a ton, was nursing, so portable. Do it!

todzwife
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
I think my minimum age would be 6 weeks...9 weeks I'd be totally fine with. Just keep baby in a carrier and wash your hands ;)

belovedgandp
09-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Totally! DS2 was 3 months old - right at 13 weeks I think when we went. It's a great age where they will still eat and sleep anywhere. I was exclusively breastfeeding so it was super easy. He was in a sling many hours a day and did great.

Tondi G
09-23-2011, 02:15 PM
my DS went at 4 months of age but we went with some friends when their DS was 6 weeks old and it was fine (though we can all drive to DL and it didn't involve an overnight stay). He spent the majority of the time in the Bjorn or sling sleeping and she stopped and nursed him every 2.5 or 3 hours maybe. I was amazed at how well she was getting around with a 3 year old and a 6 week old! If you are up for a trip then I would say go for it!