PDA

View Full Version : UTI - 4 yo bleeding? TMI

Nooknookmom
09-21-2011, 02:57 AM
I just got off the phone with the advice nurse who said Dd could have a uti...backstory, I was getting her bath ready & asked her to potty and when I went back to get her i the tub, I glanced in the potty, saw a tissue with deep brownish discharge. She went #2 earlier, so I knew it wasn't that. She said that she peed and it was there when she wiped. On her panties, it looked like the little bit of disch. at the end of your period.

I freaked of course. Called in and the nurse said it sounded like uti, DD1 started getting them at 2, but she cried, had to pee all the time and I don't remember blood. Maybe there was, she's 16 now, i can't remember.

DD has been digging around for a week or 2, said she gets "wedgies", actually i posted in kidwear looking for new undie rec's. She said it doesn't burn but may not know wht that means. Said not to ge soap in there tho b/c it hurt - so I figure the soap burns and she can't tell me how it feels.

I will take her in tomorrow but just wondered for peace of mind if anyone elses little one had this happen. So not normal!

K-Bear
09-21-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm going through my own uti drama with dd2 right now. I do remember reading that blood could be a symptom although my Dd did not have that as a symptom.

Please get your Dd thoroughly checked right away. Utis are so dangerous in girls this age.

ThreeofUs
09-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Gosh, hope you get her in today. :hug:

Roni
09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Dd2 gets them all the time. We haven't had bleeding, but the symptoms aren't always dramatic. I always do a home UTI test if I suspect one, & I call the Dr. if it's positive.

Bleeding could also be a kidney stone, although I've never heard of a kid having one. My guess would be a UTI. I hope you get a diagnosis fast.

Nooknookmom
09-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Okay, got in this morning and there wasn't any signs of any discharge today. Doc did a thourough exam (well, I did b/c I had to don the gloves and tko the exam!) and all looked fine.

DD started preschool and for the past few weeks has been cleaning herself, he thinks it's vaginitis & maybe she wiped back to front and bacteria got in there. Told me to put vinegar in a bath and it should balance her Ph.

I hope he's right, down right scared me to death last night!

DrSally
09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Scary! I hope it's just vaginitis too.