PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire on Duallie- what do I need?

elektra
09-21-2011, 12:22 PM
One of the flat rear 16 in. tires on my BOB Duallie is flat. It went completely flat, and then DH pumped it back up, and now it's totally flat again. So I guess it's the inner tube or the actual tire that are damaged.
So what do I need exactly? Can I buy it all online or do I need to get to a bike shop?
DH knows how to do these things but he is working on another project right now and he said I need to just figure it out, buy the stuff online and when it all gets here he will help me assemble everything.

momtoax3
09-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I would think you would just need a 16 inch bike inner tube.

roseyloxs
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
This one (http://www.amazon.com/Avenir-Thorn-Resistant-Schrader-Valve-1-75-2-125/dp/B00165PA3U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1316626752&sr=8-2) is a little more but will be flat-resistant. First reviewer is a BOB owner.

arivecchi
09-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Take the tire to a bike shop first.

pb&j
09-21-2011, 02:52 PM
It's probably easier just to take the wheel to a bike shop and have them do it. Mine did it for me for just the cost of the tube, about $9, IIRC. Far easier and less frustrating that trying to do it myself.

swissair81
09-21-2011, 07:18 PM
I took my flat MB Duo wheel to a bike shop and I ended up needing to buy a whole new wheel because the guy broke the rim off mine trying to get the tire off (and he didn't bother to tell me either). I was so not pleased.

roseyloxs
09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
I took my flat MB Duo wheel to a bike shop and I ended up needing to buy a whole new wheel because the guy broke the rim off mine trying to get the tire off (and he didn't bother to tell me either). I was so not pleased.

Your bike shop sucks. Cost me $3 to get a flat tire fixed in OK. A bike shop in my parents home town gave my dad ball bearings for free to fix an indie wheel (the used one I bought). I generally find bike shop owners to be nice. I did get a scowl once from a bike store in Chicago when asking a stroller related question so I guess they aren't all nice.

arivecchi
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I always call the bike shop in advance and ask if they fix stroller tires. Some do and some don't as rosey said. The one near my old house was awesome. The one closest to us in our new hood sucks. They will not help at all, so we have to drive to one that is farther away.

swissair81
09-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Your bike shop sucks. Cost me $3 to get a flat tire fixed in OK. A bike shop in my parents home town gave my dad ball bearings for free to fix an indie wheel (the used one I bought). I generally find bike shop owners to be nice. I did get a scowl once from a bike store in Chicago when asking a stroller related question so I guess they aren't all nice.

It didn't cost me very much to get the inner tube replaced, but then it cost $40 for the new wheel. That said, I agree with you, that bike shop sucks. I'm not even taking ownership of it. It's definitely not mine :)

elektra
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks you guys. I think you are right in that it will be easier to just find a shop that can help me!

AnnieW625
09-22-2011, 02:14 PM
You just need an inner tube for it, any local bike shop should have one. Try Jax Bicycles, I think they have a store in your neck of the woods.