PDA

View Full Version : icandy peach vs uppababy vista

sntm
09-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Not able to find a peach within range for personal testing. Watched some videos online to compare the two. Vista is compatible with the Chicco carseat I chose, but I like the colors of the Peach better. But, can someone clue me in as to why it is so much more expensive (+ extra for the carrycot)? If the ride is that much better or better/more sturdy materials, it might be worth it, but if they drive the same, fold almost the same, and the only difference is the colors, that ain't worth another $400!

legaleagle
09-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I think a lot of it is the weak USD, since it's a UK brand. I'm not sure about the actual quality, I've never played with one myself.

berlinsoul
09-22-2011, 04:30 AM
I've never seen one myself but looked at some pictures of it at ebay.co.uk. I always find those "real life" pics more informative than the catalogue ones and have to say: the icandy strollers did look very nice but not THAT fantastic that I would pay so much more $$$. But maybe the push is awesome..
Could you order both, compare them side by side and return the one that you like less?

Multimama
09-22-2011, 07:07 AM
The materials on the Peach are really nice. The metal on the frame is gorgeous and the fabrics are much nicer than the Vista, IMO. Plus the Peach can be converted to take two carrycots etc. as the Peach Blossom, right? But really I think a lot of it is the weak US doller like PP said. (I've seen one in person, but didn't really push it around and I didn't fold it, so I can't comment on that.)

And I want to warn you that the Peach seat is very small. I do not think it will have as much longevity as the Vista. Strollerqueen once estimated it would last most kids to about 18 months. So you should know that going into it.

swissair81
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM
I think I would only buy it if I had twins. Okay, I lied, if I had twins I'd either buy a MB Duet or a Stroll Air My Duo. Incidentally, my 95% for height almost 3 year old is perfectly comfortable in my Vista. I'm not going to spend more for nicer fabrics that will get trashed anyway.

sntm
09-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Logic says buy the Vista. Trying to listen to logic ;)
My DS was a skinny kid, though DP's genes may get me a bigger kid this go around.
Maybe I'll justify the peach only if the US shows more than one...