PDA

View Full Version : I hate whiskey

Kymberley
09-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, technically, it's Crown Royal. I'm sick and can't taste anything. Except Crown Royal, it would seem. It's all I have in the house, and it's a tiny little airplane size bottle. It's been a day full of whining and clinging and crying and I need to chill before I tackle DH's dinner. I haven't had a drink since February, so this should be interesting.

EllasMum
09-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Mix it with a little cola or ginger ale... mmm. :54::D

Kymberley
09-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Mix it with a little cola or ginger ale... mmm. :54::D

I think I just don't like alcohol in general. Now that I've finished my Crown and Coke, I want to go to bed. LOL

EllasMum
09-21-2011, 08:17 PM
I think I just don't like alcohol in general. Now that I've finished my Crown and Coke, I want to go to bed. LOL

I feel exactly the same way. Whiskey (we Canadians call it Rye) always tastes like the glue on the back of postage stamps. ;) Having said that, I don't mind a nice Rye and ginger ale once a year. Or decade. LOL

BabyH
09-21-2011, 09:08 PM

I'm too late, then. I was going to suggest putting it into the freezer (or flash freeze it, like I do wine sometimes - ice water bath for 15 minutes) and shoot it! :jammin:

Penny's Pappa
09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Mmmm...Crown and Cokes are so good. Also Crown Sours.

Hey, uh, if you don't want that Crown I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands ;)

Kymberley
09-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm too late, then. I was going to suggest putting it into the freezer (or flash freeze it, like I do wine sometimes - ice water bath for 15 minutes) and shoot it! :jammin:

I have a shot left! :ROTFLMAO: I'd totally do this, but DH would KNOW and I would feel so guilty (he's a recovering alcoholic). He won't be home for an hour though...

Kymberley
09-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Mmmm...Crown and Cokes are so good. Also Crown Sours.

Hey, uh, if you don't want that Crown I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands ;)

Ooo, Crown Sours sounds good! I just had Coke, but I will keep that in mind! I'd share, but it's literally my emergency stash. I have a bottle of vodka from Russia that terrifies me, that may never get consumed. :hysterical:

gatorsmom
09-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I have a shot left! :ROTFLMAO: I'd totally do this, but DH would KNOW and I would feel so guilty (he's a recovering alcoholic). He won't be home for an hour though...

Just a suggestion....My DH is a recovering alcholic too and I try not to drink in front of him. However, HE encourages it if it relaxes me enough to put me in the mood. :D I guarantee your DH'd forgive your for the shot if you were open to a little boom-boom later on. :rotflmao: