PDA

View Full Version : Cord skirt/Garnet Hill Sale

TamiRuns
09-22-2011, 09:12 AM
I saw that Garnet Hill is having a 25% sale (regular price only) + FS. So I went to check out the cord skirt I saw there a few weeks ago. Well, it turns out that it is the sale of the day and surprisingly, the 25% came off of the sale price! Here is the link to the skirt - sale price only good on 2 colors but both are colors I like. (I got the portabella)

http://www.garnethill.com/corduroy-frontier-skirt/sale-clearance/sale-of-the-day/170495

If interested in the discount, you have to go on Facebook and shop thru the link given there.

Hoping this skirt fits nice. It gets iffy reviews but for $29, I'll give it a try!

ett
09-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Did it give you the free shipping? It took 25% off but still added $6.95 for shipping.

bubbaray
09-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Why am I seeing a cardigan and not a skirt?? ETA: when I click on your link I get a skirt, $39. When I go through FB to DOTD, I get a cardigan. Weird.

TamiRuns
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Did it give you the free shipping? It took 25% off but still added $6.95 for shipping.

I had to call CS to place my order. She had me process the order (with shipping) and immediately took the order number so I could be refunded. My order confirmation shows shipping charge but I believe the shipping notice will not.

Melissa, I would call to place an order. They are obviously having some issues with the website.

ett
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I had to call CS to place my order. She had me process the order (with shipping) and immediately took the order number so I could be refunded. My order confirmation shows shipping charge but I believe the shipping notice will not.

Thanks. I'll think about it some more since I'm too lazy to call right now.

alexsmommy
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I have this skirt from last year. I like it a lot, however, it is not lined, so I tend to only wear it in fall with bare legs and tall boots. In winter I rarely wear nylons, only tights, and with sweater type tights, it rides up. I actually almost wore it today, but while digging throught the winter side of the closet I came across another outfit first that I grabbed. Totally worth is for $29 though IMO

DrSally
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I have this skirt from last year. I like it a lot, however, it is not lined, so I tend to only wear it in fall with bare legs and tall boots. In winter I rarely wear nylons, only tights, and with sweater type tights, it rides up. I actually almost wore it today, but while digging throught the winter side of the closet I came across another outfit first that I grabbed. Totally worth is for $29 though IMO

Great deal! I love the portabella color (and the gray), and am strangely drawn to the teal.

Alexsmommy, do you think wearing a slip w/ it would prevent the rideup?

TamiRuns
09-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Alexsmommy, do you think wearing a slip w/ it would prevent the rideup?

I was also wondering this...and hope the answer is yes!

alexsmommy
09-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Mmm, not sure. I'm sooo not into slips and I think I have the petite length so a little short with some slips but I think in terms of hitching up it should work fine as long as the slip is not too long. I think for $29, I'd try it on with a slip and tights and try it out with the tags still on... Let me put it this way, I loved the length and fit on me to the point that when it went on deep clearance last year, I got a second one in another color. They will be in heavy rotation while it's warm enough for the bare leg in boots look here. The colors are neutral enough that I mix it up with different colored sweaters on top and feel like it's fine to wear week after week. I'm definitely "curvy" even when I was a size 4/6. DH commented several times how flattering it was last year.