PDA

View Full Version : Plateau- Grrrr.

elektra
09-22-2011, 01:56 PM
For 5 weeks now I have been .8 pounds away from my goal weight (145), and I just cannot get there! I did go on vacation for one of those weeks but I am still frustrated.

I do think my body is at a good weight now and it could very well be telling me that I don't really need to lose much more. (I am tall and big boned.)
But I really want to hit that goal and it's so frustrating not to. I will have lost 30 pounds if I can get to 145.

I would love to lose even a bit more to get to a size 6 (I could even be described as thin! at that point IMO!) but I would still be pleased to just get to 145.

Any tips for getting through this plateau?

LarsMal
09-25-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't have any advice, but I am right there with ya! I am still fluctuating between the weight I was when I got pg with L and a couple pounds less. I would really like to lose 5 more to get to my favorite weight, but my body just doesn't want to! I exercise and I eat a mostly balanced diet. I really don't know what else to do to shake these last few pounds. I wish there was an easy answer- something besides "calories in, calories out"!

FWIW- you look fantastic in your pics in the Mom Wear thread. You look very thin (in a good way!) to me!!

hillview
09-25-2011, 07:56 AM
When I hit plateaus I would add an extra workout to my day (I was a little nuts this summer). So add an hour of walking.

I am between 147 and 150 and decided that was enough -- seems to be where my body wants to be/healthy BMI on the lower end of normal range. So you could decide if you think you look good that you are at your goal weight.
/hillary