PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick ONE stroller

Melaine
09-22-2011, 04:00 PM
What would it be?

This really isn't a rhetorical question. I am starting to think ahead to the big purchases we will make before the baby comes, and stroller is a big one.

We do not have a garage or anyplace to store strollers. So for us, one do-it-all stroller living in the van is really what I am shooting for. Maybe a cheap-o umbrella to keep at my parents or something?

I really don't know much about singles and feel like with the crap I went through finding a double, I should be easily happy with most single strollers. No way could they be as frustrating as some of the doubles I have tried.

I honestly don't even know what features I am looking for, because compared to a double, most will be lightweight, maneuverable, etc. I do know that I want a deal! Sorry to ramble, but my big question is, what if you could only have one stroller, what would it be?

LMPC
09-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I've never owned one but I think I would get the BJCM -- so cute and seemingly so practical!

Melaine
09-22-2011, 04:06 PM
I've never owned one but I think I would get the BJCM -- so cute and seemingly so practical!

I really wanted to ditch my BJCSD and replace it with a mini double, so that one is definitely on my list!

BabyBearsMom
09-22-2011, 04:10 PM
If it were a single, an MB Swift or a Bumbleride Indie. I would want somethign fairly light weight (both are about 20lbs) with air tires but a small footprint so I could use it inside and out. The only negative to those two is that they dont' reverse, but that isn't really a deal killer for me.

crl
09-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I would get a Bumbleride Indie. I have one and love it. I do also have a lightweight umbrella that lives in my Forester. But the Indie is my workhorse. (DH always complains if I don't take it when he is along. He likes to push it. :hysterical:)

Anyway, the Indie is a relatively small and lightweight air tire stroller. It has an excellent push and one handed steering. It has a flat recline and adjustable leg rest so it is super comfortable. (I don't have the bassinet, but you can get one.). It also has a HUGE canopy which is a high priority for me. The basket is also big and easily accessible, which comes in very handy for shoving olde ds' backpack or a cooler for outings or all of our jackets, etc. Also it has an adjustable handlebar, which I switch heights on depending on whether I am wearing flats or heels.

I have owned a BOB SU, two Mountain Buggy Swifts, a Cybex Onyx and a Silver Cross Mini. If I could have just one stroller, especially starting with a newborn, I would get the Indie. Ideally I would add a very lightweight umbrella for travel/car errands at about the 6 month mark.

Catherine

Melaine
09-22-2011, 04:18 PM
]http://images.craigslist.org/3kf3mf3l15T15U05X4b98ea50498185f618db.jpg

This is a "Bumbleride Jogger" on my CL. Is it an older Indie or something completely different?

arivecchi
09-22-2011, 04:24 PM
MB Swift. Best do-it-all stroller IMO if you don't care for a reversible.

I am actually not a fan of the BJCM. The Swift is just like it in terms of size but much nicer and has a much better push.

crl
09-22-2011, 04:38 PM

This is a "Bumbleride Jogger" on my CL. Is it an older Indie or something completely different?

Looks like an Indie to me. But I would NOT use an indie to jog. The wheels are only 12 inches and it doesn't have a hand brake. The newer indies have better canopies and there have been other changes along the way too, so if you are buying on CL, I would be careful to get the year and check on those things before buying. There have been some posts here in the last giving the changes year by year so you can definitely get that information here.

Catherine

Kaylee31
09-22-2011, 04:42 PM

I think it's a 2006 Rocket-- predecessor to the Indie.
http://www.babygizmo.com/p/bumble_ride_rocket_stroller_-_2006_bamboo/87092.html

It's so hard to pick just one stroller! I would probably pick a Swift though, from birth to age 2. If I mostly used it indoors-- either a BJCM or a Bee+.
After age 2-- it would definitely be the Micralite Fastfold Superlite.

swissair81
09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Either a MB Swift or a Bugaboo Bee+

momtoax3
09-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Probably Indie, but my girls would say Vista...that is the one that they love to ride in (I have both).

berlinsoul
09-23-2011, 05:04 AM
For a newborn and 6 months +, I really do like that the Indie has a footrest. I also would guess that 12" tires are more comfortable than 10" (Swift). I also just LOOOOVED the big Baby Jogger canopy for the first year. So if the Indie has a better canopy than the Swift, I think that's a plus for a newborn. Now with the 16 months we barely use the canopy at all.. (or maybe because it is fall already;) !?)

BUT having this said, I really love, love, love the Swift. It's been - so far - just perfect. But as I said here before, I prefer it for a toddler.
It's really small, versatile and has a great push, adjustable handles, good basket etc. And: It's just a beautie! Yesterday I got a compliment for this stroller from a cool bartender/DJ (the kind of guy who wears sunglasses in the evening ;) ) who knows NOTHING about kids or strollers. I barely know him and we have nothing to talk but we were sitting in front of a building waiting for someone, and he was looking at the Swift and said: "Hmm. This is a nice, beautiful stroller." :ROTFLMAO:

- Another thing is: Do you want the bassinet? I saw the Swift's bassinet and it is just tiny tiny.Even the shop-owner was not recommending it.. I'd guess the Indie' s bassinet is bigger. The Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle's bassinet has a perfect size IMO. But the UJ is a big car stroller..

So if we are having another DC in the future we would not get just a bassinet for the Swift, but would buy another full featured stroller which is reversible. And keep the Swift for later. :)

If I were you I would really wait for all the new nice strollers that will come out this fall/winter (for example, BJ Versa? maybe a great car stroller with the BJ fold) and probably would not purchase before March 2012. Than I would buy something nice for the first year, if you can have only one stroller, and change it maybe later on...

scriptkitten
09-23-2011, 05:35 AM
My vote is swift or indie.

roseyloxs
09-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Either a MB Swift or a Bugaboo Bee+

:yeahthat: Well actually I was going to say indie or bee but same difference. That picture posted is a bumbleride rocket like a PP said. Its basically an indie with the fold of their flyer.

Elaborating on my answer: if I did more outdoor activities on uneven terrain like city sidewalks or trails I would get the indie. If more my activities centered around car use and occasional outdoor use I would get a bee.

Melaine
09-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! Hopefully I can test drive a few of these while I am pregnant....maybe something good will show up on craigslist.

ECUPirateMom
09-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Another vote for the Indie :) lightweight yet has air tires...plus the seagrass is so pretty!

hollissmama
10-16-2011, 01:02 AM
we adore our indie, so much we bought a twin too. : )

poohbear
10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Bee + because of the push and reversible feature.
Otherwise BOB.
I've only pushed an indie twice - I think they're cute, but the push wasn't as nice as the bee or the BOB. But it's a nice combination of the two...

adler
10-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Won't all these suggestions be a bit big to live in a van?
If the OP doesn't do much off-roading, something smaller and easier to fold might be more ideal...

poohbear
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Won't all these suggestions be a bit big to live in a van?
If the OP doesn't do much off-roading, something smaller and easier to fold might be more ideal...

The bee has a really compact fold. I don't think it would be too big for a van. I keep it in my SUV and have never had a problem...

WatchingThemGrow
10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
What about the new City Mini GT?