PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger Versa...??!!

TwoBees
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Just saw a photo and post about it on FB from Baby Gizmo. Can't wait to hear more!

rolypoly27
09-23-2011, 02:06 PM
A reversible stroller with air tires and the awesome BJ fold!

Here are the specs from PishPoshBaby:

Description:
New for 2012 the Baby Jogger City Versa Stroller is making a hot landing! The City Versa is a combination of the great features of the City Select and The City Mini. The Baby Jogger Versa will be available in black, green, sand and silver. Check out the great features.

Features:
4 wheel stroller for added stability
Black graphite frame
Forever air tires with better suspension
Washable, waterproof material
Adjustable handlebar
5 point adjustable harness
Easy reversible seat
Easy hand Brake
Large Underseat basket
Large canopy for great sun protection
Double peek-a-boo window
One hand easy fold with seat attached
Hard back and bottom

Specs:
Weight: 24 lbs.
Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.

Price is in the $450 range. It looks like they'll have a video review of it on 9/25.

crl
09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Sounds like stroller perfection! Will be interesting to see how it steers, etc.

Catherine

BayGirl2
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm very curious. Anyone seen the dimensions yet? I'm wondering if the folded size will be similar to a BJCM or larger.

PeppyParents
09-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes, City Versa should be a good seller. Baby Jogger's first "traditional" reversing seat stroller and a great shot out of the barrel after we got to play with it today. The pre-production model is weighing in at 24 pounds, but they're saying final version may be a bit lighter. Blog post with photo on the Baby Jogger City Versa (http://stroller411.com/blog/394/baby-jogger-city-versa-stroller-2012/)

And we're equally - if not more - excited about the new Baby Jogger City Mini GT (http://www.babyjoggercityminigt.com). A couple years of everyone's feedback to Baby Jogger has paid off! This has been hush-hush until now -- everyone who felt like the City Mini underperformed outdoors and lacked some basic desirable features... I don't think you're going to be disappointed now. :yay:

lorinick
09-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Both looking really great. Can't wait to see them in person.

twowhat?
09-23-2011, 10:38 PM
And we're equally - if not more - excited about the new Baby Jogger City Mini GT (http://www.babyjoggercityminigt.com). A couple years of everyone's feedback to Baby Jogger has paid off! This has been hush-hush until now -- everyone who felt like the City Mini underperformed outdoors and lacked some basic desirable features... I don't think you're going to be disappointed now. :yay:

This would have been the perfect stroller for us since we don't do any real jogging. It would have been our ONE AND ONLY. I've always thought the BJCMD would've been our one and only if it had air tires.

Sigh!!

jacksmoma
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
OMG that versa looks GREAT!!!!! like it better than the uppa new one. Loving that black frame! I personally am not crazy over the new bjcm GT- i don't know why?! They did really listen to consumer feedback over a baby jogger for sure!!

Multimama
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't know if anybody already posted this, but if you click through this photostream you can see a picture of the Versa folded. Looks great!

www.facebook.com/lullaboobaby

roseyloxs
09-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Very cool (pic from MM's link)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/311405_10150326042551100_295323881099_7912498_2099 102357_n.jpg

And its not inside out like the BJCM. I wonder if it can fold while in parent facing mode?

Multimama
09-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Very cool (pic from MM's link)

And its not inside out like the BJCM. I wonder if it can fold while in parent facing mode?

Good question. The comments on that link also said it can take the City Select bassinet so you could get that gorgeous deep purple bassinet for it!

babybell
09-24-2011, 06:36 PM
What does "forever air tires" mean again?

Kaylee31
09-24-2011, 06:40 PM

From Peppy Parent's blog: "The City Versa is a unique reversing seat stroller because it has a one-handed fold with the seat in either position."

Sweet! :) Definitely looks better to me than the Cruz, and looks like the two will be very similar in price.

Kaylee31
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
What does "forever air tires" mean again?

From Baby Jogger's FAQ page:
Q. What are the differences between an EVA, Forever-Air and Pneumatic tire?
A. An EVA wheel is a lightweight molded plastic wheel that is ideal for pavement or smooth urban terrain. This wheel is available on our City Mini stroller, which helps to make it one of the most lightweight, agile and compact strollers on the market.

A Forever-Air tire is a rubber tire inflated with a lightweight foam instead of air. This ensures the tire will not go flat with frequent use or rough terrain. The City Elite and City Select both feature Forever-Air tires.

A pneumatic tire is an inflatable rubber tire that provides a comfortable, smooth ride on many different terrains. The Summit, F.I.T. and Performance joggers have pneumatic tires, which add to their all-terrain capabilities.

LizLemon
09-24-2011, 08:37 PM
It seems like a lot of the features I like in a stroller - reversible seat, one-hand fold, reasonable tires. Any idea when this will come out? My baby is due soon (and the completion discount expires a few months after that), so the Versa may not be in the cards for me this time.

PeppyParents
09-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Good question. The comments on that link also said it can take the City Select bassinet so you could get that gorgeous deep purple bassinet for it!

Hi - the City Versa will have its own dedicated, true bassinet. City Select bassinet kit won't work on it.

Multimama
09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi - the City Versa will have its own dedicated, true bassinet. City Select bassinet kit won't work on it.

Thanks! That's too bad because i love the purple color of the City Select, but I'm glad it will have a bassinet option. :)

roseyloxs
09-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Baby Gizmo posted a video (http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/09/new-from-baby-jogger-for-2012-video/). Reversible but almost as small as the BJCM folded. That's pretty awesome.

love-pink
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Im going to start saving now for the Versa :) By spring I should have enough stowed away!

Any idea how much bigger it is when folded vs the CM?

Another mama wishing it was coming in purple!!!!! :heartbeat::heartbeat:

PeppyParents
11-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Im going to start saving now for the Versa :) By spring I should have enough stowed away!

Hi,

Here are the manufacturer's specifications on folded size:

Versa (folded with seat forward facing) 34" x 22" x 8.5"

City Mini 30.5" x 24" x 9"

Very comparable!

strollerqueen
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM

I have a side by side comparison of the two folded in the 2012 BIG Stroller Roll-Out! (I think? LOL)

strollerqueen
11-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I have a side by side comparison of the two folded in the 2012 BIG Stroller Roll-Out! (I think? LOL)
OK, I have the Versa compared to the City Select, and the GT compared to the Mini on there.