PDA

View Full Version : Remind me again about breast changes and bras during pregnancy?

daisymommy
09-24-2011, 05:10 PM
So as luck would have it, I bought 4 new bras the week before I found out I was pregnant. I finally got rid of my stretched out, comfy old nursing bras and bought some pretty underwire bras. I have only worn one.

I'm wondering if I should exchange the others for wire-free bras, in anticipation of sore breasts, and thinking they may be more accomodating than underwire. I would just hate to start wearing $100 in new bras, and then have to stop wearing them in a couple months because they are painful.

I can't remember at all how things change in the 1st-2nd trimester. I know that in the end you need all new bras, but should I exchange these or hold onto them?

sntm
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I wore underwires all the time (and now) but will they accommodate breast growth

Beth24
09-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I needed larger bras fairly soon after finding out I was pregnant...still wore underwire but needed a larger cup size to accommodate swollen, larger and def more tender breasts. Maybe keep one bra and exchange the others when you need to.

Swish
09-24-2011, 06:01 PM
I did the same thing right before finding out I was pg. We had been trying, but I was tired of the uncomfortable, unsupportive bras I had. I even bought 4 as well. I ended up keeping 2 which I had already worn and returning the ones I had not used. I'm almost 35 weeks, and I'm still wearing both. For me, the support has been more comfortable than being wire-free.

Raewyn
09-25-2011, 10:35 AM
I had not bought new bras right before getting pergnant, but I did end up buying bras twice during pregnancy. I am currently 37 weeks, and I needed them once during the middle of the first trimester and again in the middle of the second.

I may be an exception, but during the first trimester, my breasts were so sore I had to shield them from the shower water when showering because it hurt. This continued a bit into my second. They are still tender, but not like that, thank goodness!

Both times I bought bras, I only bought two - one to wear one to launder - and I bought nursing bras that covered more than one size so they fit when I bought them and I had room to grow. They didn't have underwire, so they were more comfortable, and they had thicker material that helped with "poke through" from growing nipples. (Sorry if that's TMI)

I was a 36D before getting pregnant, so I was skeptical that wireless bras would be supportive. Much like with regular bras, because of my size, I end up having to buy the more expensive bras, but they do work.

AmyZ
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, just further along. ;)

This time, I bought some "coobie" bras... they expand as you go... no underwire... and I have found them to be great. I tried them on a whim, and now I rotate 4 (I like to sleep in them too).

Melaine
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM
My bras already feel tight. I'm at 8 weeks. I hate underwire myself, so I will probably just buy up a size. I do feel I need more thickness too.

MSWR0319
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
I'll be 8 weeks on Tues and I've already had to go up a size. Granted, I'm only a AA not pregnant. So underwires don't bother me at all. I don't like the non support of the non underwires (not like I really know what true non- support is ;) ) my nursing bras had no wires and I always felt like they were just flopping around.

SnuggleBuggles
09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Mine didn't change in pregnancy at all and I wore my regular bras all the way through pregnancy.

Beth

daisymommy
09-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks all. I'm going to exchange the unworn bras for more comfy versions then. I kind of dislike underwire to begin with, but bought them because they made me look great ;) But no way am I going to put up with beginning to be uncomfortable in a few weeks + the unlove for underwire to begin with.