PDA

View Full Version : I think I narrowed it down....need advice!

Singlemom
09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Ok, so I went shopping some and found 2 cribs that I like. One I REALLY like and one that would be my 2nd choice. So which would YOU do?

1) Sorrelle Espresso Verona in Poplar wood $399.99 at BRU

Or

2) Baby Cache' Espresso Essentials curved in rubberwood $329.99 at BRU

I like the front of the Sorrelle better but, in the book, they got a C+ because of customer service. Baby Cache' is from Munire which has an A-.

I'm not paying for this....bf's mom is buying the crib and I need to make a decision. Or maybe you have another recommendation along the same lines as the Sorrelle crib in roughly the same price range? I'm so frustrated. I really really like the look of the Sorrelle....but would settle with the Baby Cache' if it seemed to hold up better. Help?????

Singlemom
09-25-2011, 02:49 PM
i guess I should add..other than Wal Mart and Target, I really only have BRU and BBB nearby.....so don't know where else to get a crib....

Uno-Mom
09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Hmmm. No experience with either crib, but just going from appearance: I like the Baby Cache one a little better. For some reason, I wouldn't prefer how the first crib has a solid front (would you call it a kickplate?) all the way to the floor. I just imagine hours spent wrangling toys that slipped under from the sides.

That's just my personal appearance preference, though. They are both good-looking cribs! The first one's curved front side does looke beautiful in the twin bed version.

Happy choosing! I hope you can have some fun doing it... do you have plans for bedding yet?

Singlemom
09-25-2011, 07:49 PM
No..no bedding plans yet. I will decide once I find out what we are having....another month or so. I do like the Snoopy stuff by Lambs and Ivy, but I'm not sure I want to go with a character this time around.

With my 7 yo dtr, we went with classic Pooh...she doesn't like Pooh at all now lol.....

And you are right about the front and lost toys....I never thought of that. I thought I liked the way it looked...all the way to the floor.....glad you brought that up. Definitely a consideration! Thanks!!!

TxCat
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
We went with Munire, in large part because of the good ratings in the book, but I've been disappointed with the quality, especially how easily the finish has chipped/discolored/scratched. If you strongly prefer the Sorrelle, I'd go with that.

Amy G
09-27-2011, 11:46 PM
We bought a Sorelle crib and dresser, and while we love the look of it, we are very disappointed in how easy it scratches!!! Just putting it together we got scratches, and then when my cat was checking it out for the first time he left a huge scratch. We did buy a "finish" pen at Home Depot that mostly matched and allowed us to fill in the scratch, but just be aware of this problem.

gimmee2
09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
My wife and I have twins due in November and both of these cribs were on our short list. We ended up going with the Baby Cache Essentials, mainly due to the fact it's made of rubber wood vs. poplar for the Sorelle. I recently assembled the cribs and I'm very pleased with how sturdy they feel. The only con I have at this point is that the dimensions listed on the BRU web site aren't entirely accurate. It's listed as 57" wide but the edges of the headboard actually stick out farther than that. We bought Colgate Classica I mattresses and they fit the crib perfectly.

One more thing, this is a very popular crib so you may need to wait for a few weeks before they are available. Don't wait until the last minute to purchase it.

BabyBearsMom
09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
We have the Sorelle Sophia and like it a lot. It has held up very well. In fact, when DC #2 comes in April we plan to get a second one since DD will still be in her crib. Go with BBB for buying the crib. They have WAY better customer service.